The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Daily low grade headaches, should I be concerned?

Forums General Melanoma Community Daily low grade headaches, should I be concerned?

Participant
      I am 3A and was just recently told that I was barely 3A. However I was originally told I barely had Melanoma or that there was barely a chance of it being in my lymph nodes, but surprise surprise it is..so I keep coming down on the wrong side the odds..

With that said, I have been having a dull headache almost everyday for the last few weeks. Maybe a day or two in there without one. Generally it goes away with Advil or Tylenol. No other symptoms. Headache can range from the back of my head/neck to the top of my head. I am hydrated no more or less than usual. I am eating. Have a good pillow. Is this stress?

I go for my MRI on Tuesday and I can’t help but worry that it’s gonna light up like a Christmas tree.

Should I be this concerned?

For anyone that has had brain mets, what were you symptoms if any?

Thank you for your time.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Had 2 brain mets. No signs or symptoms whatsoever. Get your MRI. Tell your doctor about your headaches. LIVE! I wish you my best. celeste
            DT1985
            Participant
              Thank you for sharing
              TimCT
              Participant
                My disease is all through my cervical and axillary lymph nodes on my left side, stage 4. I also had headaches regularly, from mild to pretty bad. Up the back of my head, behind my left eye, sometimes I could feel it in my left ear or in my left jaw and teeth.

I was also worried about the outcome of the head MRI, but it came back clean. I think the headaches were because of the location of the mass on my neck. Right after my first ipi/nivo treatment (that afternoon) that area swelled even more and the pain was nearly unbearable, ibuprofen and tylenol barely took the edge off.

But, midway through the second day after treatment, the pain dissipated and hasnt been back for 2 weeks now. The lump on my neck has shrunk to less than half the size it was 2 weeks ago, and that’s just after one treatment!

Viewing 0 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics