The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Daily facial moisturizer with sun screen

Forums General Melanoma Community Daily facial moisturizer with sun screen

Participant

I'm looking for a recommendation for a daily facial moisturizer with sunscreen, that goes on under makeup.  Liquid foundation doesn't seem to go on smoothy with traditional sun screen underneath.  I've been using a product that works well, but it's one of those deals where you have to buy it along with additional products which are automatically shipped to you every couple of months.  So I'm in the market for new moisturizer, and thought somebody here might have a good recommendation.  I'm glad to be asking advice on such a minor issue for a change.  Thanks

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        Irishone21
        Participant

Hi,

I use Aveeno moisturizer that has SPF 30 in it. It's the one in their Absolutely Ageless line. wink It's super light and not greasy at all. Highly recommend.

pinky2001
            Participant

I use Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer with sunscreen broad spectrum SPF 20.  

Joycem
            Participant

I use Aveeno most of the time, but switch to a mineral  one called Anthelios by la Roche-Posay when it gets hot or I am exercising. It doesn’t sting my face or make my eyes burn and water when I perspire as other sunscreens do. It’s a little spendy (30$ vs 10$ for aveeno) but lasts pretty well. I get it from Amazon. I don’t use foundation so not sure about that. The Anthelios is slightly tinted but doesn’t show on my very light complexion . 

Also adding a shout out to protect backs of your hands which get a lot of exposure driving etc and sunscreen gets washed off. (Wish I could tell this to my younger self seems like I have sk’s treated every appt on the backs of my hands.) 

BethL
              Participant

I have been using Bobbi Brown- BB Cream – its a tinted moisturizer with SPF 35. Very moist and then I can skip the foundation layer! good coverage.

Good luck – bethL

ThinkingPositive
                Participant

I use Jane Iredale products; all natural; she has powder sun screen, tinted moisturizer and many other products SPF rated. 

ldub
                  Participant

So my dermatologist recommended a daily moisturizer with SPF 50.  Neutrogena dailywear healthy skin SPF 50 goes well under foundation.  Has no fragrance.  The other one I like is Oil of Olay SPF 50 – have only found that on Amazon though.  Has a light fragrance but is also good under foundation.

gmschmidt
                      Participant

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions.  I'll get shopping!

Viewing 4 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics