The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

CURE OM Forum posting guidlines

Forums Caregiver Community CURE OM Forum posting guidlines

Participant

This community was formed to bring together those who have been touched by melanoma. The primary goal is to provide support and information to people who are facing a difficult time in their lives. Toward that goal, the following guidelines will be strictly enforced:

• No personal attacks of any kind will be tolerated
      • Slanderous posts impugning the character or ability of any health care provider are not allowed.
      • Slanderous posts impugning the care received or service provided by any health care institution are not allowed.
      • No abusive or obscene language will be tolerated.
      • No commercial posts of any kind are allowed.

Posts in violation of the above will be removed.

Please note: The bulletin board allows you to post anonymously, and your identity will be kept hidden from the community. However, this should not be considered permission to break any of the bulletin board posting policies. MRF does have the ability to identify anonymous users who purposely injure or harm the community or any member within it.

Bulletin Board Code of Conduct

One of the primary reasons this forum exists is to provide you, the patient or caregiver, with the opportunity to voice your opinion, ask questions, and find a network of people who are being proactive in their desire to find answers without going it alone.

To make the bulletin board a friendly and inviting place to learn, share and meet new people, the MRF encourages you to:

• Welcome new members to the MRF community.
      • Check in on other members.
      • Be considerate when sharing your opinion. Stick to the topic rather than making comments directed at an individual.
      • Ask questions to get to know people and to learn more about their condition.
      • Keep your profile up-to-date. To update your profile, go to the Update Info button on the top-right corner of the site. Your profile can be added or changed in the Profile Information section.
      • Share your personal experiences without giving medical advice.
      • Share your feedback with us. The MRF wants to hear from you. Tell us your ideas for potential enhancements, questions and comments. Contact us today.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Cindyann
        Participant
          There is still a problem with one particular poster on this site. She is now posting “Anonymous” . She continues to do this even though the guidelines are clear. However her latest post are a ploy to act as if she knows little about care of the eye after plaque. Although she shares plenty of knowledge on cost at Will’s. I was being harassed by this person until I left the one open forum. She has not been able to harass me or others on the “closed groups” but on this site she can post her attacks anonymously . It’s quite disturbing.
          All I’ve wanted was advice, suggestions and support. I freely offer up the same to others who are in this surreal world of OM .
          I hope administrators will act accordingly to the guidelines with this person. They are able to see who “anonymous” is. I’ve not been her only “victim” . Victim is not what I intend to be. I’m already a victim of OM . Please don’t ask me her motives. I’ve no idea. This person also has OM and that is what is so disturbing .
          Thanks everybody. Sorry I had to post this. But one of us has to speak out.
          Cindyann
          Participant
            There is still a problem with one particular poster on this site. She is now posting “Anonymous” . She continues to do this even though the guidelines are clear. However her latest post are a ploy to act as if she knows little about care of the eye after plaque. Although she shares plenty of knowledge on cost at Will’s. I was being harassed by this person until I left the one open forum. She has not been able to harass me or others on the “closed groups” but on this site she can post her attacks anonymously . It’s quite disturbing.
            All I’ve wanted was advice, suggestions and support. I freely offer up the same to others who are in this surreal world of OM .
            I hope administrators will act accordingly to the guidelines with this person. They are able to see who “anonymous” is. I’ve not been her only “victim” . Victim is not what I intend to be. I’m already a victim of OM . Please don’t ask me her motives. I’ve no idea. This person also has OM and that is what is so disturbing .
            Cindyann
            Participant
          Viewing 2 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics