The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

CT Scan results

Forums General Melanoma Community CT Scan results

Participant

Hello everyone,

Looking for any advice, April 2016 diagnosed Stage 3a, had 4 infusions of ipi at 3mg.  Just had 6 month CT scan and results came back with "indeterminate 4 mm left lower lobe pulmonary nodule".  I have only talked to the Dr through email but she has said what they are describing are normal variations.  I'm not buying that though, could this be melanoma?  I am really in a panic right now.  Any opinions are very much welcome! 

Thanks,

Laura 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        debwray
        Participant

Hi Laura,

Sounds like there is insufficient information to make a call one way or the other. Lots of people have benigh cyst / nodules.. Presumably there is a reference CT scan from April to compare to ? Also it may be the remains of something after IpI did its job ?

What are they proposing ? Scan again in 3 months ? 6 months ? or more diagnostics. Try to get info on the pros and cons of the different options.

Think you probably need to talk to your Doctor, and ask what the plan of action is in view of the finding.

If you can manage it try to put worries on hold for now…

Best wishes

Deb

debwray
          Participant

Hi Laura,

Sounds like there is insufficient information to make a call one way or the other. Lots of people have benigh cyst / nodules.. Presumably there is a reference CT scan from April to compare to ? Also it may be the remains of something after IpI did its job ?

What are they proposing ? Scan again in 3 months ? 6 months ? or more diagnostics. Try to get info on the pros and cons of the different options.

Think you probably need to talk to your Doctor, and ask what the plan of action is in view of the finding.

Best wishes

Deb

debwray
            Participant

Hi Laura,

Best wishes

Deb

debwray
              Participant

Hi Laura,

Best wishes

Deb

laulamb
                  Participant

Thank you Deb for your reply.  The dr said that the varations were not likely caught on the PET/CT scan in April because they are very small.  I am getting a disk of the scan and they want to compare it to the CT scan I just had.  I asked the dr to call me to discuss.  So in the meantime I popped an anxiety pill and holding on to the roller coaster ride! 

laulamb
                    Participant

Thank you Deb for your reply.  The dr said that the varations were not likely caught on the PET/CT scan in April because they are very small.  I am getting a disk of the scan and they want to compare it to the CT scan I just had.  I asked the dr to call me to discuss.  So in the meantime I popped an anxiety pill and holding on to the roller coaster ride! 

laulamb
                      Participant

debwray
                      Participant

Hi Laura,

Best wishes

Deb

debwray
                        Participant

Hi Laura,

Best wishes

Deb

youngann
                          Participant

Hi Laura.

I just had my 6 month scan a couple of weeks ago and have 2 spots in left lung 2mm & 4mm, and 3 spots in right lung 2mm, 2mm & 3mm. The radiologist and 2 different oncologists have all said that they could just be normal variations caused by the Ipi.

The thing is, they're too small to biopsy anyway so it's time for a deep breath for both of us and focus on getting through the next few month with as little stress as possible.

Good luck and, please feel free to contact me if you want to talk.

Ann

laulamb
                              Participant

Ann,

We both are seeing Dr. Schucter!  Susanne is calling me today to discuss the results.  I don't have an apt with them until January.  I popped an anxiety pill this morning and in the meantime and will try to keep my mind off of it. 

I noticed you are also having thyroid issues.  When I was first diagnosed with melanoma, my inital PET scan showed my thryoid had uptake and I also had papillary thyroid cancer.  So yes, if you would like to chat, please look me up on facebook Laura Wolanin Lamb or contact me at [email protected]

Thank you so much for your reply! 

laulamb
                                Participant

Ann,

We both are seeing Dr. Schucter!  Susanne is calling me today to discuss the results.  I don't have an apt with them until January.  I popped an anxiety pill this morning and in the meantime and will try to keep my mind off of it. 

I noticed you are also having thyroid issues.  When I was first diagnosed with melanoma, my inital PET scan showed my thryoid had uptake and I also had papillary thyroid cancer.  So yes, if you would like to chat, please look me up on facebook Laura Wolanin Lamb or contact me at [email protected]

laulamb
                                  Participant

Ann,

youngann
                                  Participant

Hi Laura.

I just had my 6 month scan a couple of weeks ago and have 2 spots in left lung 2mm & 4mm, and 3 spots in right lung 2mm, 2mm & 3mm. The radiologist and 2 different oncologists have all said that they could just be normal variations caused by the Ipi.

The thing is, they're too small to biopsy anyway so it's time for a deep breath for both of us and focus on getting through the next few month with as little stress as possible.

Ann

youngann
                                    Participant

Hi Laura.

Ann

momof4boys
                                      Participant
                                        I was 3b, did 3mg ipi as well. I have several nodules and enlarged lymph node in chest. They are just nodules, they keep showing up unchanged. The lymph is overactive lymph tissue that has been biopsied. It doesn’t necessarily mean mestasis.
                                        momof4boys
                                        Participant
                                          I was 3b, did 3mg ipi as well. I have several nodules and enlarged lymph node in chest. They are just nodules, they keep showing up unchanged. The lymph is overactive lymph tissue that has been biopsied. It doesn’t necessarily mean mestasis.
                                            laulamb
                                            Participant

Thank you!  Mestasis is the first thing I thought of.  Thanks!! 

laulamb
                                              Participant

laulamb
                                                Participant

momof4boys
                                                Participant
                                              Viewing 11 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics