The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

CT results, small victories

Forums General Melanoma Community CT results, small victories

Participant

The CT showed a small amount of progress , the nodules on my lungs are slightly diminished, the liver is basically the same as the last CT (which is really fantastic news as my Dr was expecting it to have progressed quite a bit.) There are 2 small new nodules on the liver, but that is all.
      My liver is still trying to come back from Hepatitis due to the Ipi/Nivo combo and I will be on Prednisone for a few months to calm it and get it in better health. The good news about that, is it did kickstart everything and is doing its job.
      Future treatment at this point is to wait a few months, then take the last Ipi/Nivo combo infusion and that will be that.  We will watch and see what my body does with it.  The good thing on this is I won’t have to take the single Nivo infusion every 2 weeks, as it is what i was on when it metastasized to liver and lungs.
      I am hopeful as this is the first positive news I have had since it all started and I feel pretty good not being on all the medications….

I do have the wonder on what if it doesn't work, but… I will take this small victory right now and feel some relief for a bit.

Tyais

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        marta010
        Participant

Take the wonderful news when you can….no sense worrying about "what if" until you need to!  Enjoy the weekend.

Ann

Happygal
            Participant

Thank yiou Ann,

I am definately taking the news and going forth with relief.

Appreciate your words

lkb
            Participant

Hooray for the positive–even fantastic–news!

Lisa

Happygal
                Participant

Definately and thank you!!!!

Edwin
                Participant

You wrote "The good thing on this is I won’t have to take the single Nivo infusion every 2 weeks, as it is what i was on when it metastasized to liver and lungs.”  You should investigate receiving Opdivo or Keytruda immunotherapy after your final Yervoy + Opdivo infusion.

Melanoma spread to many more of my bones, while I received Keytruda immunotherapy.   After Yervoy + Opdivo immunotherapy followed by Opdivo alone, my bone cancer is gone.   I have a stable small melanoma tumor under my left jaw.  Opdivo immunotherapy is similar to Keytruda immunotherapy.   Perhaps the Yervoy + Opdivo combination prepared my immune system to respond to Opdivo alone.  I began Opdivo + Yervoy immunotherapy on April 1, 2016 and have been receiving Opdivo infusions since then.   I received Opdivo alone, while I recovered from my first Yervoy + Opdivo infusion.  I received my second Yervoy + Opdivo infusion 9 weeks after the first.

Happygal
                    Participant

Thank you, I appreciate your information. The Dr is speaking to his colleagues on the best route for me.  We did talk about it and he seemed to think that what we are doing is best for me…but it is always good to look at alternatives.

Bubbles
                    Participant

Great report and great attitude, Tyais!  Step by step we go!!!  I hope these are but small first steps toward to a wonderful resolution of your melanoma mess!!  Hang in there!  You got this!  celeste

Happygal
                        Participant

Thank you Celeste!

Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics