The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

CT results after 12 wks of ipi

Forums General Melanoma Community CT results after 12 wks of ipi

Participant
      Hi Folks,
      Well, I finally got the results of my Dec 8 CT scan, and it's not as good as I was hoping, but not all that bad either. I already knew that my leg and back tumors were shrinking, as I could see that for myself. But officially, the leg tumor is gone, and the back tumor went from over 2cm down to 1.6cm. The lung tumor has shrunk from 5.5cm to 3.3cm. All that is great, and in March I will resume the Ipilimumab treatment for another 12 weeks.

However, the brain is another issue.

Hi Folks,
      Well, I finally got the results of my Dec 8 CT scan, and it's not as good as I was hoping, but not all that bad either. I already knew that my leg and back tumors were shrinking, as I could see that for myself. But officially, the leg tumor is gone, and the back tumor went from over 2cm down to 1.6cm. The lung tumor has shrunk from 5.5cm to 3.3cm. All that is great, and in March I will resume the Ipilimumab treatment for another 12 weeks.

However, the brain is another issue. I still have the 4 tumors that I've had since last spring, but on this report, no measurements are given, only that they are "small". So what's "small"? 2mm? 2 cm? How are we supposed to guage success or failure without measurements? In any case, three of the 4 tumors have vasogenic edema (swelling) around them. So Dr. Mihalcioiu wants me to come to Montreal, and meet with him and Dr Roberge (radiation oncologist) to discuss another round of Stereotactic Radiation Surgery. That's the same procedure I had done last May, when my head was bolted to a table in a mask for 4 hours, and I wasn't allowed to move. Can't wait to do that again –NOT!!! Dr Mihalcioiu says it's possible the swelling is caused by the tumors starting to respond. My back and leg tumors did become inflamed before they receded, so it's possible the same is happening in the brain. I could also be having a delayed reaction.

All in all, I'm encouraged by the positive effect Ipilimumab is having on my tumors from the neck down. Hopefully we'll soon get the brain tumors under control too. I'll keep you posted.

Hugs
      Sharyn, Stage IV , Stage IV
    Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        James from Sydney
        Participant

Hi Sharyn, sounds like good news that the Ippi is working. Why don't you ask for an MRI of the brain and get a sizing so you can compare with the last scan. Keep up the great work i have a feeling you will soon be dancing the NED dance!

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
          Participant

Hi Sharyn, sounds like good news that the Ippi is working. Why don't you ask for an MRI of the brain and get a sizing so you can compare with the last scan. Keep up the great work i have a feeling you will soon be dancing the NED dance!

best wishes

James

Vermont_Donna
            Participant

Hi Sharyn,

I am so very pleased to hear about the success of Ipi!! Hoping that soon you will get good news about the brain mets too!!! Let me know if we may be able to meet if you come to Montreal!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

Hi Sharyn,

I am so very pleased to hear about the success of Ipi!! Hoping that soon you will get good news about the brain mets too!!! Let me know if we may be able to meet if you come to Montreal!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

Rocklove
                Participant

It sounds positive Sharyn or they would not be putting you back on the ipi.

Positive Thoughts and Prayers for You and Family Sharyn… Get through this thing.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

Rocklove
                  Participant

It sounds positive Sharyn or they would not be putting you back on the ipi.

Positive Thoughts and Prayers for You and Family Sharyn… Get through this thing.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

LynnLuc
                    Participant

Hi Sharyn, sounds pretty promising! I am hoping the "small" spots in the brain are reacting to Ipi…sounds like they might be!

LynnLuc
                      Participant

Hi Sharyn, sounds pretty promising! I am hoping the "small" spots in the brain are reacting to Ipi…sounds like they might be!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics