The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

CT Guided lung biopsy

Forums General Melanoma Community CT Guided lung biopsy

Participant
      Hello! I haven’t posted in a few years. It’s been a long journey for me – a lot surgeries and immunotherapy. On my scans over the past year, I’ve had a lung nodule growing (while being on immunotherapy). I’m scheduled for a CT Guided biopsy of the 8mm spot tomorrow and I’m looking for patient experiences. What have your experiences been?
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        OnJnAnT
        Participant
          I’ve had two of these done on the same nodule. The first came back as nondiagnostic, and then the second came back positive. I was counseled of the risk of not having a diagnosis, and I think that risk grows if the nodule is in a hard to get to place.

As for the procedure, I’m assuming you’ll be having a CT guided bronchoscopy under general anesthesia. Each time I woke up feeling completely fine. They wheeled my into a CT chamber, which im sure you are familiar with. The. They tell you to remain still while they make some markings. Them they wheel you up to the bronch room, and lights out!

Hope that helps
          Jeff

Debbiem
            Participant
              Thanks Jeff. It’s a fine needle biopsy and the nodule is in the lower lobe which I think is harder to get to.

I’m glad your biopsies went ok and I hope you are doing well.

JudiAU
            Participant
              I had a lung biopsy to confirm type of cancer, although they thought it was likely melanoma. It hurt, more than I was prepared for. I took the rest of the day off. I may have had a bruise. I may have taken pain killer. I think my mom was still taking me to appointments then.
                Debbiem
                Participant
                  Thank you for sharing your experience. It’s a little nerve wracking but hopefully it will go smoothly.

I hope you are doing well now.

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics