The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Cough and opdivo

Forums General Melanoma Community Cough and opdivo

Participant
      Hi there!

Has anyone else experienced a slight cough while on opdivo? Mine started a few months ago….it’s not bad it’s like maybe a coughing fit 2-3 times a day max. But as you melanoma people know, your mind can go to the worst place and assume progression. I’m stage 3c if that makes a difference. Due for a CT scan in the next few weeks, so I’ll know for sure soon, but my anxiety is getting the best of me. :/

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          Hi there “not the end” if you take a look at the two following links you will see specifically in the second link at 5.1 and Table 8 and table 10, that cough happens with nivo. Now the question to ask you self in the first link which covers new or worsening cough ( call medical team) is it new and is it getting worse!!! Also, some other issues happen with nivo that other patients have brought up on this and other melanoma forums like GERD and Gastritis. I know from a person note I can’t sleep on a flat surface any longer without waking up coughing because my stomach contents don’t stay in my stomach but go up my throat (gross I know). I have tried many different approaches to get rid of this side effect including buying a bed that goes up and down, changing when I eat and what I eat and sadly the last and hardest change was giving up all alcohol. Good luck with figuring out what your personal cause of your cough is!!! http://packageinserts.bms.com/medguide/medguide_opdivo.pdf http://packageinserts.bms.com/pi/pi_opdivo.pdf
          lkb
          Participant
            I have developed a slight cough during my seven months on Pembro–often after a meal.. Recent scans ruled out progression. I hope your cough is just a side effect and nothing more. Glad you mentioned it here; telling your doctor too will help you monitor it for changes.
            Coragirl
            Participant
              Cough is a known side effect of Opdivo. My husband developed a cough a few months in. Unfortunately his cough was pneumonitis. His doctor stopped treatment and treated him with steroids. He is doing well and hopefully he had enough Oodivo.
          Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics