The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

congested heart failure

Forums General Melanoma Community congested heart failure

Participant
      Hello again,

we had great news on the lung cancer once radiation..only 5 SMS radiation treatments. meet with melanoma once this wed. for plan of radiation.

however, his left arm was so swollen and now with the compression sleeve is sost back to normal. the swelling in his legs we went yo our MD. he did ekh and was OK. the blood work came back with indication of Cong heart failure. we need to meet with the MD. will that stop his radiation? he doesn’t want to tell Moffitt afraid he wont get the treatment. I am so afraid and stressed.

Hello again,

we had great news on the lung cancer once radiation..only 5 SMS radiation treatments. meet with melanoma once this wed. for plan of radiation.

however, his left arm was so swollen and now with the compression sleeve is sost back to normal. the swelling in his legs we went yo our MD. he did ekh and was OK. the blood work came back with indication of Cong heart failure. we need to meet with the MD. will that stop his radiation? he doesn’t want to tell Moffitt afraid he wont get the treatment. I am so afraid and stressed.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        kylez
        Participant
          Hoping he gets relief on all fronts.

I don’t know whether possible sign of congestive heart failure might be a roadblock for SRS. I needed to pass stress tests before 2 prodcedures — VATS surgery (stopping one lung) and IL-2. I didn’t need to pass any test that I know of before SRS. Although I must say I don’t remember if there was a blood draw that was specific to checking me out before SRS.

If there is a risk I guess it would be important to know what that risk was. But also weighing the risk of doing nothing. I guess that’s just echoing your own thoughts about this.

kylez
          Participant

I don’t know whether possible sign of congestive heart failure might be a roadblock for SRS. I needed to pass stress tests before 2 prodcedures — VATS surgery (stopping one lung) and IL-2. I didn’t need to pass any test that I know of before SRS. Although I must say I don’t remember if there was a blood draw that was specific to checking me out before SRS.

If there is a risk I guess it would be important to know what that risk was. But also weighing the risk of doing nothing. I guess that’s just echoing your own thoughts about this.

kylez
            Participant

flvermonter
              Participant
                thanks. he had a stress test 3 weeks ago before the remsinimg lymphnodes were removed and was fine. he probably won’t actually start the rad treatment till after MD appointment. it is just so frustrating where we thought we had a plan and given the chf information.

the SRS for the lung will begin either 7/8 or 7/15. then the radiation for the melanoma begins. will know more thud week. thanks for your thoughts and experience

flvermonter
                Participant
                  thanks. he had a stress test 3 weeks ago before the remsinimg lymphnodes were removed and was fine. he probably won’t actually start the rad treatment till after MD appointment. it is just so frustrating where we thought we had a plan and given the chf information.

the SRS for the lung will begin either 7/8 or 7/15. then the radiation for the melanoma begins. will know more thud week. thanks for your thoughts and experience

flvermonter
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics