The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Completed Yervoy….Scan Results….Next Step

Forums General Melanoma Community Completed Yervoy….Scan Results….Next Step

Participant

Quick Update

Stage IV in Dec 2013

BRAF Combo MEK and TAF …Dec 2013 to Jun 2014

Yervoy completed a couple weeks ago.

Latest PET/CT showed some of the tumors have shrunk, some grown and some stable….there are however a few new items that showed up.

Paperwork and Authorization went in today for Keytruda. Which Doctor hopes starts within the next 14 days.

Just as backround….I have a number of tumors on my thighs, pelis etc and have had radiation there…..also 7 Mets in brain and have had SSR to brain in Aug 2014.  I am borderline Anemic…..I also have swelling in feet and ankles over the last 4 weeks…

Thoughts on the plan….

I mean Keytruda is pretty much next right?

Matt

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        ecc26
        Participant

Your story is sounding a lot like mine. Yes, I think PD-1 is the next step (assuming they don't make you try a BRAFi first- are you + or -, I can't remember?) Hopefully it works for you as well as it has for me- minus the radiation necrosis and resulting craniotomy ๐Ÿ˜‰ It is, at least, the easiest thing I've ever been on, so that's a plus!

Best of luck!

-Eva

ecc26
          Participant

Your story is sounding a lot like mine. Yes, I think PD-1 is the next step (assuming they don't make you try a BRAFi first- are you + or -, I can't remember?) Hopefully it works for you as well as it has for me- minus the radiation necrosis and resulting craniotomy ๐Ÿ˜‰ It is, at least, the easiest thing I've ever been on, so that's a plus!

Best of luck!

-Eva

ecc26
            Participant

Best of luck!

-Eva

Ginger8888
              Participant

Good luck, i was one of the fortunate ones that Yervoy is working..

Carole K
                  Participant

Matt what a story you have, Look up the patnet for JAG.  He is an amazing survivor after 7 craniotomies and is back at work full time.  Please know I am here for you in any way you need me to be. You have a lot of courage and I commend your optimism..  Stay positie  Big Hugs

Love and Light

Carole

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY !!!! I OPEEND MY EYES!!!

Carole K
                    Participant

Matt what a story you have, Look up the patnet for JAG.  He is an amazing survivor after 7 craniotomies and is back at work full time.  Please know I am here for you in any way you need me to be. You have a lot of courage and I commend your optimism..  Stay positie  Big Hugs

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
                      Participant

Love and Light

Carole

Ginger8888
                      Participant

Ginger8888
                        Participant

BrianP
                          Participant

Hey Matt,

Keytruda does seem like the obvious next step doesn't it.  Sounds particularly good in that you can start it so soon.  I guess if I were in your shoes I might take a quick look to see if there are any promising Anti-Pd1 combo options such as with anti-KIR or something like that.  I'm not saying there are any good options like that but I'd take a quick look at those type of options.  Other than that I'd be singing and tap dancing all the way to the infusion center for my first dose of Keytruda in two weeks.  Best of luck to you Matt.  Hope the swelling and anemia improve.

Brian 

BrianP
                            Participant

Hey Matt,

Keytruda does seem like the obvious next step doesn't it.  Sounds particularly good in that you can start it so soon.  I guess if I were in your shoes I might take a quick look to see if there are any promising Anti-Pd1 combo options such as with anti-KIR or something like that.  I'm not saying there are any good options like that but I'd take a quick look at those type of options.  Other than that I'd be singing and tap dancing all the way to the infusion center for my first dose of Keytruda in two weeks.  Best of luck to you Matt.  Hope the swelling and anemia improve.

Brian 

BrianP
                              Participant

Hey Matt,

Brian 

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics