The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

COMBI – AD trial for stage 3. Any views or experiences?

Forums General Melanoma Community COMBI – AD trial for stage 3. Any views or experiences?

Participant

Hi all,

I am a recent diagnosed stage 3b and have been offered this trial. Its 50:50 whether I get the drugs or the sugar pills (placebo). The drugs are the BRAF inhibitor dabrafenib and the MEK inhibitor trametnib.

I had two inguinal lymph nodes positive on SLNB in 07/2014. This was followed up by one positive lymph node on the complete lymph removal from my L groin in August.

They say this may 'mop up' any cells still in my body. Every oncologist or surgeon or trial professor has used the term 'mop up.' This apparently is the first time this drugs have been used for stage 3.

Is anyone on this trial – its multi centre – or does anyone have any views or expereinces of it?

I'd be grateful for anything you wish to share.

Thank you in advance.

Nigel.

PS I'm being treated in Sydney, Australia.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics