The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Cobimetinib and Vemurafenib combo

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Cobimetinib and Vemurafenib combo

Participant

Hi Caring Friends-So the Keytruda didn't work for me and now I'm moving on to the Cobimetinib/Vemurafenib combo.  Living here in sunny Colorado I'm very concerned about the photo sensitivity side effect (and all of the others…)  Any one on this combo-how is it going, any success and any tips for me?

Julie T stage 3C non-resectable desmoplastic melanoma 

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Hi Julie, 

This combo has served many well!  Here are some reports:  https://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/search?q=cobimetinib  

Side effects seem to be pretty typical for what is expected for all BRAF/MEK combo's. And that certainly includes sun protection.  Perhaps others with direct experience will chime in, but you can do this!  Hope this helps!  Celeste

jrtufo
            Participant

Thanks so much-I've seen a few of these but not all, so lots to process.  Now I'm off for some guiltless spf-protected clothes shopping:)

Pcarpent
              Participant

Julie, I hope the combo is working. My husband has been on it since last July and seems to be working. I am trying to find someone on this combo to ask a few questions. My husband seems to get more nauseated and fatigued the closer he gets to the end of his Cotellic dose, closer to the 21st day. Do you or anyone else notice this? Thanks so much for your thoughts. Pamela

Sylvia0912
                Participant

That's how it works. It's true what you've mentioned. My best friend is taking it since oct.2016 with ups and downs. Tell your husband there is not a chance to take sunlight. He'll probably need a parallel therapy in case he is having a rash or any other side effect. All the best, Sylvia

Viewing 0 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics