The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

clinical trials for stage IIIC

Forums General Melanoma Community clinical trials for stage IIIC

Participant

Recently had a recurrence on my back after being NED for 2+years. I was initially stage 3a and went through the year of interferon. Now I had an intransit metastasis under left shoulder blade. I had the surgery and am currently looking for adjuvant treatment. I am having problems finding clinical trials and debating on doing one. Has anyone w/ a intransit melanoma gone through a clinical trial and what are some good resources to find one. Thanks so much for the help, it is much needed.

God bless.

Recently had a recurrence on my back after being NED for 2+years. I was initially stage 3a and went through the year of interferon. Now I had an intransit metastasis under left shoulder blade. I had the surgery and am currently looking for adjuvant treatment. I am having problems finding clinical trials and debating on doing one. Has anyone w/ a intransit melanoma gone through a clinical trial and what are some good resources to find one. Thanks so much for the help, it is much needed.

God bless.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        makedoandmend
        Participant

I am stage IIIb and also looking for a tiral. So far the ipi adjuvant tiral seems the most promising to me but there is 50/50 chance of getting a placebo.  There are other trials like vaccine, oncovex etc. The best resource is http://www.clinicaltrials.gov  That is the most obvious one so hopefully some more experienced members can offer more insight. 

-patrick

makedoandmend
          Participant

I am stage IIIb and also looking for a tiral. So far the ipi adjuvant tiral seems the most promising to me but there is 50/50 chance of getting a placebo.  There are other trials like vaccine, oncovex etc. The best resource is http://www.clinicaltrials.gov  That is the most obvious one so hopefully some more experienced members can offer more insight. 

-patrick

dian in spokane
            Participant

I advanced to stage IV via sub cutaneous tumor back in late 08. All I wanted was to get the tumor out, so I did, only to discover that there were really no trials or treatments available for me because I was disease free.

It's a hard plae to be..but..also it's great that you are currently NED again.

Patrick mentioned that 50/50 ipi trial, and that might be one of the only ones out there for you if you are disease free. ( searching Clinicaltrials.gov is too overwheming for you, please be aware that you can call the American Cancer Society, and they will arrange to do an interview with you and do the searching for you, mailing you a list of possible trials within a couple of days)

For me, I had a second sub Q which popped up within weeks of my surgery in early 09, and I found a vaccine trial that interested me. They took that tumor and used it to make my vaccine (it's the MacVac Trial at Hoag hospital in Calif)

Right now, you are probably in watch and wait mode unless or untill you develop another in transit. When that happens, you might try to resist the very normal impulse to get that thing OUT asap, because more trials will be open for you if you have some sort of measurable disease.

For what it's worth.. I would NOT have gone into a trial that would have required me keeping the tumor. But using the tumor for a treatment suited my sensibilites.

Good Luck to you. I hope you just get to STAY NED!

dian

dian in spokane
              Participant

I advanced to stage IV via sub cutaneous tumor back in late 08. All I wanted was to get the tumor out, so I did, only to discover that there were really no trials or treatments available for me because I was disease free.

It's a hard plae to be..but..also it's great that you are currently NED again.

Patrick mentioned that 50/50 ipi trial, and that might be one of the only ones out there for you if you are disease free. ( searching Clinicaltrials.gov is too overwheming for you, please be aware that you can call the American Cancer Society, and they will arrange to do an interview with you and do the searching for you, mailing you a list of possible trials within a couple of days)

For me, I had a second sub Q which popped up within weeks of my surgery in early 09, and I found a vaccine trial that interested me. They took that tumor and used it to make my vaccine (it's the MacVac Trial at Hoag hospital in Calif)

Right now, you are probably in watch and wait mode unless or untill you develop another in transit. When that happens, you might try to resist the very normal impulse to get that thing OUT asap, because more trials will be open for you if you have some sort of measurable disease.

For what it's worth.. I would NOT have gone into a trial that would have required me keeping the tumor. But using the tumor for a treatment suited my sensibilites.

Good Luck to you. I hope you just get to STAY NED!

dian

ChristineL
                Participant

I find the website below easier to navigate, but that's just personal preference.  Good luck, we're here for you!

http://www.cancer.gov/search/SearchClinicalTrials.aspx

dian in spokane
                    Participant

I concur! It's been so long since I had to do a clinical trial search that I didn't remember that. 🙂

dian in spokane
                      Participant

I concur! It's been so long since I had to do a clinical trial search that I didn't remember that. 🙂

ChristineL
                      Participant

I find the website below easier to navigate, but that's just personal preference.  Good luck, we're here for you!

http://www.cancer.gov/search/SearchClinicalTrials.aspx

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics