The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Clinical trial

Forums General Melanoma Community Clinical trial

Participant

I have not posted in a long time. Since I posted I have had a 3+cm melanoma tumor removed from my bladder. That went well. Shortly after that I transferred to the University of Virginia cancer center. I was eligible for a clinical trial in which I decided to participate. "A trial to evaluate the safety, immunogenicity, and clinical activity of a helper peptide vaccine plus combination of BRAF inhibition and MEK inhibition (Mel61)". I found out that I have a BRAF mutation. I have had 5 of 6 vaccines. My enlarged left axillary lymph nodes started at 2.5cm x 2.2cm and 2.3 cm x 1.5cm as of 9/19/18. My scan as of 11/28/18 states a single necrotic left axillary lymph node remains which now measures 1.8cm x 1.3cm. The small lymph node has disappeared and the largest is considerably smaller. I am so thankful for the clinical trial. 

I have small nodules in my lungs that have been stable for over a year. I also have a spot on L4. I am so excited about the lymph nodes but at the same time, I'm scared another shoe will drop. I've been fighting for 2 years and I know I have to continue to fight.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        gopher38
        Participant

That sounds great.  Lots of positives there, and I didn't see a negative.

lkb
          Participant

Hooray for your good results and your diligence!

Bubbles
            Participant

Shoes always drop.  Water heaters go ca-fluey!  Cars break down.  Family members have problems. The weather can be frightful.  And yes, shite and more shite can happen in our bodies!  BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Your results sound great!  May you continue to improve.  LIVE!!!  Enjoy today AND tomorrow.  May you have wonderful holidays with those you love.  celeste

I'm so glad that your news is good.  I've been fighting for two years also.  You don't need me to tell you how awesome you are.  You are awesome so keep up the good fight.  Keep giving us all hope.  Try not to worry about that shoe.  

Good wishes to you.

Jennifer

betsyl
              Participant

With the bladder tumor, did you have blood in your urine?

My husband has blood in his urine since Thursday. Spend Friday in the ER. Not sure yet what's causing it. 

Dwarla
                  Participant

Yes, I had blood in my urine. Not always visible to me. I went through several rounds of antibiotics and finally was sent to a urologist. He is Fantastic!!!! I just had my first cystoscopy since surgery to make sure nothing returns. He intends to keep a very close check on me,which is fine with me!!!! I hope they discover your husband's problem and solve it quickly! 

Dwarla
                  Participant

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!! You have definitely made mine better!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics