The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

chest xray

Forums General Melanoma Community chest xray

Participant

Can just having a chest exray done detect melanoma spread in the body. After completing the chest exray today the technician ask me if I had a cough lately and I said no. She then ask me where I had melanoma at and I informed her it was on my arm and that I had it removed. I ask her if the xray looked good and she said she did not have acess to previos exrays to compare them. Just her asking the question she did made me nervous and that is why I was wondering if melanoma spots show up on regular exrays. Will be nervous now untill I talk to my Dr. on wed. again.

Can just having a chest exray done detect melanoma spread in the body. After completing the chest exray today the technician ask me if I had a cough lately and I said no. She then ask me where I had melanoma at and I informed her it was on my arm and that I had it removed. I ask her if the xray looked good and she said she did not have acess to previos exrays to compare them. Just her asking the question she did made me nervous and that is why I was wondering if melanoma spots show up on regular exrays. Will be nervous now untill I talk to my Dr. on wed. again.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        LynnLuc
        Participant

They first spotted mine by a chest x ray but they didn't know what it was…thats when they scheduled the MRI… then they said ti was either lymphoma or melanoma…they mentioned melanoma only because I had it on my neck years before. Not until the biopsy did they confirm it. They seen a dark mass that wasn't suppose to be there…Lynn

LynnLuc
          Participant

They first spotted mine by a chest x ray but they didn't know what it was…thats when they scheduled the MRI… then they said ti was either lymphoma or melanoma…they mentioned melanoma only because I had it on my neck years before. Not until the biopsy did they confirm it. They seen a dark mass that wasn't suppose to be there…Lynn

LynnLuc
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics