The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

chemo caps makes the wearer look like a pathetic victim…where’s the fashion industry?

Forums General Melanoma Community chemo caps makes the wearer look like a pathetic victim…where’s the fashion industry?

Participant

Hi guys,

i will target my posting for those of you with hair loss and trying to figure out options…as i looked for something to slap on my head that was'nt

A ugly

B hot as heck

C affordable

i came across stuff that looked like i belonged in Iran…or looking like i was 80 years old…or looking like a bad biker chick…BUT

i found this really cool site (of course not in U.S.) that answers all of my problems with chemo cap…

it is made from a company called Buff

Hi guys,

i will target my posting for those of you with hair loss and trying to figure out options…as i looked for something to slap on my head that was'nt

A ugly

B hot as heck

C affordable

i came across stuff that looked like i belonged in Iran…or looking like i was 80 years old…or looking like a bad biker chick…BUT

i found this really cool site (of course not in U.S.) that answers all of my problems with chemo cap…

it is made from a company called Buff

and they make a product called Buff UV visor evo2 which is way hip and cool…they make this visor in all kinds of combos, totally reversable, totally adjustable and wearing it doesn't make me feel like 'ugly victim'…it's great for UV protection and you can wear it when your hair grows back and still look hipcat…

http://www.buffwear.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/53_90

even though it's a UK company, you can still order from the states…i thought the melanoma website should maybe sell these here…

stay away from the pink ones…i opted for the black one…i thought that was 'appropriate'…

boots

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        NYKaren
        Participant

Hi, Boots.  I clicked on the link,  they do look cool, but what makes them different from a baseball cap?  Is there more coverage on the side?  if so, I would buy one, as my melanoma is visible on my temple.

thanks,

karen

NYKaren
          Participant

Hi, Boots.  I clicked on the link,  they do look cool, but what makes them different from a baseball cap?  Is there more coverage on the side?  if so, I would buy one, as my melanoma is visible on my temple.

thanks,

karen

nicoli
            Participant

When I had a large skin graft on my head, I wore cool baseball caps. Different colors and no "baseball" insignia. No farmer insignias either. Cool

Now that I am permanently bald almost all over due to radiation, I wear mostly scarves.

Uh, what is "hip" and 'hipcat"? You must be way younger than I am (56). The question is: are they groovy, gear, cherry, cool, outa sight,  and I can't remember any more.

I better check it out.

Nicki, Stage 3b

boot2aboot
                Participant

i finally got my caps today and what makes them different than baseball caps is that they are made with stretchy material called 'cool-max' so your head doesnt get hot…they are adjustable and the coverage (if you get large is adequate…i wear mine with the cool max buff headband for more coverage…they are also reversable…so you can have two different  looks for price of one…better than a wig

NYKaren
                  Participant

Hi Nicki, glad you got them and that you like 'em.

Far out!

take care,

karen

miu2
                    Participant

I was tipped off about this shopify page which is run by an Australian woman (www.bebonnie.com.au) who makes hats from her home and designs them just for people who have lost their hair… I emailed her and she seemed really cool. There a bit more expensive but made from really nice comfy fabrics and their are some really pretty designs.

Hope this helps

Giselle

miu2
                      Participant

I was tipped off about this shopify page which is run by an Australian woman (www.bebonnie.com.au) who makes hats from her home and designs them just for people who have lost their hair… I emailed her and she seemed really cool. There a bit more expensive but made from really nice comfy fabrics and their are some really pretty designs.

Hope this helps

Giselle

miu2
                        Participant

Hope this helps

Giselle

NYKaren
                          Participant

Hi Nicki, glad you got them and that you like 'em.

Far out!

take care,

karen

boot2aboot
                            Participant

i finally got my caps today and what makes them different than baseball caps is that they are made with stretchy material called 'cool-max' so your head doesnt get hot…they are adjustable and the coverage (if you get large is adequate…i wear mine with the cool max buff headband for more coverage…they are also reversable…so you can have two different  looks for price of one…better than a wig

nicoli
                            Participant

When I had a large skin graft on my head, I wore cool baseball caps. Different colors and no "baseball" insignia. No farmer insignias either. Cool

Now that I am permanently bald almost all over due to radiation, I wear mostly scarves.

Uh, what is "hip" and 'hipcat"? You must be way younger than I am (56). The question is: are they groovy, gear, cherry, cool, outa sight,  and I can't remember any more.

I better check it out.

Nicki, Stage 3b

Viewing 3 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics