The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Check up at hospital today 11 years NED – another suspicious mole

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Check up at hospital today 11 years NED – another suspicious mole

Participant

I'm 45 years old. and I feel as if I''ve been on this cancer journey for so long ( x2 melanoma (1 node) 11 years NED, radiation therapy), other skin cancers (squamous/basal (28 years) and on a check up today, another suspicious mole that the hospital want biopsied.  I try to be upbeat but it just gives you a wakeup call to always be vigilent with this disease and to regularly get skin checkups even when you are this long NED. I love life and again whatever happens, I'm prepared for battle.

I'm 45 years old. and I feel as if I''ve been on this cancer journey for so long ( x2 melanoma (1 node) 11 years NED, radiation therapy), other skin cancers (squamous/basal (28 years) and on a check up today, another suspicious mole that the hospital want biopsied.  I try to be upbeat but it just gives you a wakeup call to always be vigilent with this disease and to regularly get skin checkups even when you are this long NED. I love life and again whatever happens, I'm prepared for battle.  I believe in being positive and after losing  many loved friends on this board, I have to keep fighting for their sake and for me and my family.

I still believe that if you can get this disease early enough you have a good chance of survival, be vigilent. 

Thank you for being there all this time and for being the greatest support to me over all these years MPIP.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        dawn dion
        Participant

Sorry that you are stressing.  I will keep my fingers, toes and anything else I can cross for you that it is nothing.  This fight sucks but you do what you gotta do. 

All my best to you

Hugs and Smiles

Dawn

Nicky
            Participant

Thanks Dawn, yes I am stressing and venting on this board certainly helps.  I know that there are lot of others who are worse off.

Nicky
              Participant

Thanks Dawn, yes I am stressing and venting on this board certainly helps.  I know that there are lot of others who are worse off.

dawn dion
              Participant

Sorry that you are stressing.  I will keep my fingers, toes and anything else I can cross for you that it is nothing.  This fight sucks but you do what you gotta do. 

All my best to you

Hugs and Smiles

Dawn

FormerCaregiver
                Participant

11 years NED is a great achievement! Sorry to read that you have a suspicious mole that
                  the hospital is concerned about.

I admire your fighting spirit.

Good luck and best wishes.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                  Participant

11 years NED is a great achievement! Sorry to read that you have a suspicious mole that
                    the hospital is concerned about.

I admire your fighting spirit.

Good luck and best wishes.

Frank from Australia

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics