The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Charlie 29 Melanoma Zero but Under Review

Forums General Melanoma Community Charlie 29 Melanoma Zero but Under Review

Participant

In 1987 I was 36 years old when I had my first knife fight with melanoma and came out with the lump under my arm ended up being  diagnosed Stage 3 Melanoma with a unknown primary .

That lump , which was a lymph node was surgically removed with a bunch of others and  well…………there I was.

Surgery did it.  No further problems………………….until.

Nine years later a lump in my chest.

I do not have a patnet here anymore due to security concerns.

Here is the long and short of everything.  

I am now 65 and my scans yesterday  say nothing bigger, nothing smaller and nothing new, but melanoma is inside of me.

I think, I lose track, it has been seven or eight  recurrences for me.

Anyway 26 bags iof IL2 under my belt last month and Monday going for more.

Jeeze, half of my lifetime suffering from melanoma.

I want to give hope,  I want to empower.  I want to educate.  I want to question I want to support, I want to live and I will decide.

And if any post by me have pissed people off, here is quote from an old Simon and Garfunckle tune the Sound of Silence

"Silence like a cancer grows"

I have enough problems, so the last thing I am going to do is shut up about my opinion and approach of how to kill that no good dirty rat bastard melanoma.

Maybe not a cohesive post, but I think I got everything in.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Funny, Char.  Heard that song/line Sunday….

"Silence, like a cancer grows."

Says a lot, my friend.  Well…my ASCO posts keep "percolating".  I'm glad that cancer has not silenced your voice.  Good luck with your psycho bags.

It takes a village.  (I like this stream of consciousness posting thang!!!!) love, c

Bubbles
          Participant

Says a lot, my friend.  Well…my ASCO posts keep "percolating".  I'm glad that cancer has not silenced your voice.  Good luck with your psycho bags.

It takes a village.  (I like this stream of consciousness posting thang!!!!) love, c

Bubbles
            Participant

stars
              Participant

I like your style, sir! We NEED to hear about the good, bad and ugly of melanoma … and it sounds like you've encountered all three;) Keep sharing, keep fighting, keep on keeping on.

stars
                Participant

I like your style, sir! We NEED to hear about the good, bad and ugly of melanoma … and it sounds like you've encountered all three;) Keep sharing, keep fighting, keep on keeping on.

stars
                  Participant

jade1111
                    Participant

Charlie.. Thanks for writing this. Thanks for sharing your battle.. I also like the free flow..

1/2 lifetime.. you got right to some voice for sure!! :0)

jade1111
                      Participant

Charlie.. Thanks for writing this. Thanks for sharing your battle.. I also like the free flow..

jade1111
                        Participant

JoshF
                          Participant

Charlie-

Do me a favor….just keep being all out of bubble gum my friend!!!

This shit sucks! And I always look forward to your posts. You probably don't remember but you were one of the first to reply to me about 5 years ago.

Josh

JoshF
                            Participant

Charlie-

This shit sucks! And I always look forward to your posts. You probably don't remember but you were one of the first to reply to me about 5 years ago.

Josh

JoshF
                              Participant

Charlie-

Josh

Cathy M
                                Participant
                                  Fairly new to these posts but there are a lot of questions to be asked and a lot of info to be gained. I like your style soldier. 36/65 fighting this “rat bastard”. You rock this Charlie !!
                                  Cathy M
                                  Participant
                                    Fairly new to these posts but there are a lot of questions to be asked and a lot of info to be gained. I like your style soldier. 36/65 fighting this “rat bastard”. You rock this Charlie !!
                                    Cathy M
                                    Participant
                                  Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics