The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Changes to Web Site

Forums Ocular Melanoma Community Changes to Web Site

Keymaster

I am posting to let the MPIP community know that soon you will see a new look to the MRF website.  This revision comes as a result of a number of issues:

I am posting to let the MPIP community know that soon you will see a new look to the MRF website.  This revision comes as a result of a number of issues:

• Web traffic to the MRF site and to MPIP has grown very rapidly over the past couple of years. When we went through a website overhaul four years ago, no one could have imagined the strains this volume would put on the site. (This is a major factor in why it takes so long to post things on MPIP.)
      • When we last revised the site, very few people used a mobile device to access the web.  This is changing rapidly.  Last year about 270,000 people accessed our site by mobile device, and this year we have already passed 450,000 in this category! 
      • Since the last redesign we have launched a program around ocular melanoma, and that community has sharpened our thinking on some web issues.  For example, we need to ensure our site is accessible for people with vision impairment.

Several weeks ago we solicited feedback and suggestions about the site, and a number of you responded.  Thank you for that input; it has been instrumental in how we have engaged in this project.

Our current plan is to go live with the new site on Monday, September 9.  More information will follow, but this is to give each of you early notice that the site may look a bit different in a couple of weeks.  Here are a few key points:

• We will retain all of the old data from MPIP, including posts, profiles, etc. 
      • All of the current functionality of the site will be retained (except for the slow posting problem that has been driving us all crazy!)

Let me know if you have any questions.  I am excited about the new look and hope you will like it too.

Tim–MRF

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        JerryfromFauq
        Participant

Huraah, Tim. 
          (I hope!)  I've been amazed how I seldem come on and find under 650 browsers at any time.  Sometimes have seen about 1200 at one time.  What's the max recorded so far?

Hopefully the Chat room participants will be showing on the main board and also will retain ones whole conversation so that people can, before loggong off,  go back and and copy their discussed info to a word processr for later review.

Thank You for the work you do.

Jerry

JerryfromFauq
          Participant

Huraah, Tim. 
            (I hope!)  I've been amazed how I seldem come on and find under 650 browsers at any time.  Sometimes have seen about 1200 at one time.  What's the max recorded so far?

Hopefully the Chat room participants will be showing on the main board and also will retain ones whole conversation so that people can, before loggong off,  go back and and copy their discussed info to a word processr for later review.

Jerry

JerryfromFauq
            Participant

Huraah, Tim. 

Jerry

aldakota22
              Participant

Looking forward to a new and improved site.Thanks for responding to our needs as usual.    Al

aldakota22
                Participant

Looking forward to a new and improved site.Thanks for responding to our needs as usual.    Al

aldakota22
                  Participant

Cindy VT
                    Participant

Does this mean that when I send a reply to a post it does not take 3 to 5 minutes to post on to your site?  That really is the reason why I do not post because it takes so very long to do so.

Cindy VT

Cindy VT
                      Participant

Does this mean that when I send a reply to a post it does not take 3 to 5 minutes to post on to your site?  That really is the reason why I do not post because it takes so very long to do so.

Cindy VT

Cindy VT
                        Participant

Cindy VT

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics