The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Change in treatment

Forums General Melanoma Community Change in treatment

Participant

I had just read where you can get nivo at 480mg every 4 weeks instead of 240mg every 2 weeks. I went to get my 41st treatment friday and my dr put me on the 4 week schedule which was great for me. I have been driving 5 hours round trip every other week since 06/2016. I do not feel any different from the higher dose and my dr told me I should not at this stage. 5 more treatments then we plan on stopping.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Good for you!!!  Glad you are reaping the benefits of the change in scheduling!!!  It is unbelieveable what folks can go through to attain treatment!  I hope you continue to tolerate your remaining treatments well.  Ratties rock!!  Hang tough!  Celeste

CancerSpouse
          Participant

Great news! Thanks for sharing. ~ Carol

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics