The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Cautiously Optimistic NED

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Cautiously Optimistic NED

Participant

Today I met with my oncologist and had my 3rd trip to the "juice bar" for another 240mg bag of Opdivo (nivo).   Two weeks ago right after my 2nd infusion, I had a full body check by my dermatologist as I had a fast appearing lesion on the back of my right hand, and I was a bit paniced.   She punch biopsied it, and 3 other moles.  Was a difficult wait for four days until the pathology came back, but praise the Lord, all were negative for our evil enemy Mel.   I was kinda suprised based on all of the other high risk pathologies.  

So…. Not sure, but I think I am NED, having the primary and 3 lmph node tumors all disected as well as all of the suspicious growths on me removed.   The onc said probably won't do another PET-CT scan for a few months, just stay on the bi-weekly Opdivo infusions, and 3 month checks by dermatologist, and lymph node checks every 3 months.   Also, I am seemingly not having much issue with my Opdivo slug, I feel a bit tired for a day with some mild nausea.  My blood work looks great too for the last three pre-infusion checks.  

It seems like its been a long road since November when this deal with the devil Mel started, and it has been.  But it is nice to see for the time being things are going my way.   

Since following this forum group I see our new members coming in with all of the anxiety and and fear of what road is in front of them, just like I did.   I just want to say, find comfort here from those much further down life's road with Mel, it has really helped me through these wicked few months. 

Peace

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lucygoose
        Participant

Wonderful news and, yes, very encouraging for us newbies.  

I hope and pray you continue to receive good news for a very long time. 

Lucy

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics