The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Caregiver support forums?

Forums Caregiver Community Caregiver support forums?

Participant
      My spouse has stage iv melanoma and insurance is giving us the run around delaying scans he needs. I am at my wits end and don’t know if there is a more appropriate place to vent. I’m really really angry that they are putting my spouse through this. I don’t know what to do.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        JudiAU
        Participant
          It would be helpful if you chose a screen name. That way the can track related comments.

There are many caregivers on this board. I think this the most active melanoma site.

If you give us an idea of the frequency/type of cancer we care share what is generally recommended and paid for by many insurers. Even the best insurance will deny things on an occasion. Follow up PET scans seem to have the highest denial rate.

tedtell1
          Participant
            Hi and good morning;
            What Judy said, no seriously, many of the people on this board are care givers. Many hospitals have people who can help with insurance matters too. Sometimes your oncologist’s nurse is the best resource. They frequently have to go to bat for patients and no how to word things etc…………….,
            Sorry you are here but welcome,
            Ted
        Viewing 1 reply thread

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics