The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Can Mel present as a blister?

Forums General Melanoma Community Can Mel present as a blister?

Participant

Hi All,

I want you to know how important this forum is to me since I was diagnosed July 1, 2015, stage 2b. I did the happy dance when after a SNB they found no lymph involvement. My left arm had a breslows 4.5 tumor which was surgically removed. I know this is concerning. I have had numerous excisions(benign) on my legs, and moes surgery on my face in about 4 spots. 

My derma is diligent, and I am also continually self checking.

About 5 weeks ago, I noticed a thick "blister" on my left foot, top of my second to the last toe. It presented like a wart, and so thats how I treated it.  Soaking it and applying compound W.    No amount of compound W, and those wart band aids effected it. It is hard, and pink to clear color, about the size of a dime.  I also have one my right foot, between my toes, a small clear bubble with a dark irregular dark spot next to it.  This to me is worrisome. Neither spot bleeds nor itches.

I see my derma about the following on  Monday, 3/28. 

Please share any thoughts as I move forward, thank you so much!

And a special thank you to all the care, knowledge, information and hope that you all give through this board.

Kathy McC

hikeratheart

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        blessd4x
        Participant

Hello Kathy,

Please get this looked at as soon as possible.  My husbands looked like a blister on his arm and he is a stage IV.  We waited too long to have it looked at.

Prayers to you.  Keep us updated!

R

blessd4x
          Participant

Hello Kathy,

Please get this looked at as soon as possible.  My husbands looked like a blister on his arm and he is a stage IV.  We waited too long to have it looked at.

R

blessd4x
            Participant

Hello Kathy,

R

Hikeratheart
                Participant
                  Thank you! Will give an update after my appt. All my best to you and your husband!
                  Hikeratheart
                  Participant
                    Thank you! Will give an update after my appt. All my best to you and your husband!
                    Hikeratheart
                    Participant
                    Janner
                    Participant

Given the location, I can think of other, more benign, options.  Neuroma or Ganglion cyst.  The cyst sounds the most likely.  I had a ganglion cyst at the corner of my nail bed on my 4th toe.  I treated it like a corn with corn remover, but that only irritated it further.  I ended up having surgery to cut it out.  Always best to talk to the doc, but don't stress out too much yet!

Janner
                      Participant

Given the location, I can think of other, more benign, options.  Neuroma or Ganglion cyst.  The cyst sounds the most likely.  I had a ganglion cyst at the corner of my nail bed on my 4th toe.  I treated it like a corn with corn remover, but that only irritated it further.  I ended up having surgery to cut it out.  Always best to talk to the doc, but don't stress out too much yet!

Janner
                        Participant

Squash
                          Participant

Do not muck around with the red blister.

I am now stage 4 and in poor condtion as a result of red blister that went undiagnosed by my local GP

These rare types of melanoma are usually highly aggressive and account for a high proportion of melanoma fatalities.

There should be more campaigns and awarness of the red blister types melanomas.

Hikeratheart
                              Participant
                                Thank you for the heads up! All my best to you as you face this battle!
                                Hikeratheart
                                Participant
                                  Hikeratheart
                                  Participant
                                    Hikeratheart
                                    Participant
                                      Hikeratheart
                                      Participant
                                        Hikeratheart
                                        Participant
                                          lmhl
                                          Participant

I agee.  My family doctor totally dismissed it when we went to him. Ended up stage 4 nodular melanoma.

lmhl
                                            Participant

I agee.  My family doctor totally dismissed it when we went to him. Ended up stage 4 nodular melanoma.

lmhl
                                              Participant

Squash
                                              Participant

I am now stage 4 and in poor condtion as a result of red blister that went undiagnosed by my local GP

These rare types of melanoma are usually highly aggressive and account for a high proportion of melanoma fatalities.

Squash
                                                Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics