The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Brother spoke at GSK HQ on Friday!

Forums General Melanoma Community Brother spoke at GSK HQ on Friday!

Participant

Hi!

My brother Gary- who has been on GSK – BRAF 2118436 inhibitor at Sara Cannon – was asked by GSK to speak at their  Philiadelphia HQ – on Friday.  It was a worldwide teleconference – speaking regarding his 60% reduction in 9 months.  They gave him a tour- top secret – and all the researchers were so happy to meet a real live person with such success.

Lots of good things – happening at GSK – he is so happy!

Best of luck to all.

MrsMarilyn

Hi!

My brother Gary- who has been on GSK – BRAF 2118436 inhibitor at Sara Cannon – was asked by GSK to speak at their  Philiadelphia HQ – on Friday.  It was a worldwide teleconference – speaking regarding his 60% reduction in 9 months.  They gave him a tour- top secret – and all the researchers were so happy to meet a real live person with such success.

Lots of good things – happening at GSK – he is so happy!

Best of luck to all.

MrsMarilyn

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        JuleFL
        Participant

So happy for you and Gary!  Wishing you continued success.

Jule

JuleFL
          Participant

So happy for you and Gary!  Wishing you continued success.

Jule

yensidw
            Participant

How great for your brother!  I worked for GSK for almost 30 years and am happy that they have come up with this drug that hopefully will help many.

yensidw
              Participant

How great for your brother!  I worked for GSK for almost 30 years and am happy that they have come up with this drug that hopefully will help many.

Amy Busby
                Participant

I am SO happy to hear Gary is still doing so well.  I remember when you guys were just trying to get started at Sarah Cannon.  : )

I pray Gary till have continued success & access to the GSK for a long time – forever!

Love,

Amy

Amy Busby
                  Participant

I am SO happy to hear Gary is still doing so well.  I remember when you guys were just trying to get started at Sarah Cannon.  : )

I pray Gary till have continued success & access to the GSK for a long time – forever!

Love,

Amy

Amy Busby
                    Participant

Love,

Amy

Amy Busby
                      Participant

Love,

Amy

mrsmarilyn
                        Participant

thanks again everyone. Amy so great to hear from you — Gary asks about you!!!  I never thought I would be so impressed by a drug company but I believe GSK is on to something really great!  I'll keep you posted!!!

MrsMarilyn

mrsmarilyn
                          Participant

thanks again everyone. Amy so great to hear from you — Gary asks about you!!!  I never thought I would be so impressed by a drug company but I believe GSK is on to something really great!  I'll keep you posted!!!

MrsMarilyn

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics