The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Brain MRI & PET Scan

Forums General Melanoma Community Brain MRI & PET Scan

Participant

Hello Everyone,

I got the report back from my Brain MRI that I had done last Friday.  

It says it's decreased from 2.3cm to 8mm, decreased associated T2 hyperintensity and no new mass or abnormal enhancement.

So the MRI looks good.  Not sure if it's from the WBR or Zelboraf, I'm meeting with the Radiologist Onc tomorrow so I supposed he'll be able to tell me.

Hello Everyone,

I got the report back from my Brain MRI that I had done last Friday.  

It says it's decreased from 2.3cm to 8mm, decreased associated T2 hyperintensity and no new mass or abnormal enhancement.

So the MRI looks good.  Not sure if it's from the WBR or Zelboraf, I'm meeting with the Radiologist Onc tomorrow so I supposed he'll be able to tell me.

The PET Scan results aren't in yet but I'm getting pretty good at seeing the spots that light up.  As I suspected I'm lighting up on my right side either my stomache or gallbladder.  I've been having pain under my right ribs so I suspected something was going on.  The previous tumors have shrunk significantly but not sure how much until the report comes back.  I'm not having any bad side effects except my ears hurt from the WBR and they still haven't popped.  I'm also having severe nausea.  Having trouble eating and keeping it down.  Seems like I"m constantly nauseated, I'm wondering if it's from the WBR or the Z or the gallbladder/stomache tumor??  

Has anyone else had gallbladder tumor and what were your symptoms?  Did you have surgery?  

Thanks

Denise

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        bikerwife
        Participant

My husband had those same side effects with the wbr. He lost 30 pounds after. Prayers for you.

bikerwife
          Participant

My husband had those same side effects with the wbr. He lost 30 pounds after. Prayers for you.

bikerwife
            Participant

POW
              Participant

Denise! That's such great news about your brain tumor! I am delighted for you!

Now I'll keep my fingers crossed about the PET scan results. 

My brother had occassional nausea during his WBR treatments, but not after. He did have a "cotton in the ears" sensation for a long time. I hope your doctor can find a way to get the nausea under control. After this great result, you need to eat healthful food and keep your strength up. 

Keep going now– you're doing great!

POW
                Participant

My brother had occassional nausea during his WBR treatments, but not after. He did have a "cotton in the ears" sensation for a long time. I hope your doctor can find a way to get the nausea under control. After this great result, you need to eat healthful food and keep your strength up. 

POW
                  Participant

Brendan
                    Participant
                      Denise,

Great news on the brain MRI! Good luck with the PET.

Brendan

Brendan
                      Participant
                        Denise,

Brendan

Brendan
                        Participant
                          Denise,

Brendan

Owl
                          Participant

Dear Denise,

your news are fantastic. Unfortunately I can't help you with your questions.

But, keep on fighting, I admire your strength and your will.

Best wishes,

Jenny

Owl
                            Participant

Dear Denise,

Best wishes,

Jenny

Owl
                              Participant

Dear Denise,

Best wishes,

Jenny

JakeinNY
                                Participant

Hi Denise,

I know that the doc told you not to do the ketogenic diet but at least cut out the sugar and eat the better carbs when you can eat.

Best wishes.

JakeinNY
                                  Participant

Hi Denise,

I know that the doc told you not to do the ketogenic diet but at least cut out the sugar and eat the better carbs when you can eat.

Best wishes.

JakeinNY
                                    Participant

Hi Denise,

Best wishes.

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics