The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Brain Mets after 1 Year NED on ZEL

Forums General Melanoma Community Brain Mets after 1 Year NED on ZEL

Participant

Hello – long time no talk…………..   

I wanted to give you a quick update on Wayne  – especially for those on ZEL ! 

Hello – long time no talk…………..   

I wanted to give you a quick update on Wayne  – especially for those on ZEL ! 

Last Thursday was a devastating day for Wayne and me.   We learned that while Zel is still working great on his body – (still clean one year later) – he had 2 brain mets and a meningioma (benign)    They will be doing Gamma Knife next Friday – the 28th at MDA !    To say that learning this news the day before Wayne's one year NED mark was hard is an understatement.   As many of you know, learning you have brain mets is a different and devastating kind of animal.  However, we are beginning to get our berrings, put our gloves back on, and FIGHT this beast like never before.  We head back next Thursday for the surgery.  

We were planning on going out to dinner THAT night to celebrate the ONE YEAR NED MARK !    :-((((((   How sad is that…….yes, it was SAD !   I cried my eyeballs out for days instead. 

They are talking about possibly trying him on Temodar, WITH the ZEL, after the Gamma Knife.

All prayers would be much appreciated.

Nancy (devoted wife of 3 X Warrior Wayne) 

We are anxious to hear from Dick_K ?    Anyone heard from him lately ?   

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Nancy,  wipe those tears from your eyes.You have been through much worse news and came out OK. Keep your PMA for Fridays procedure.Wayne and you are  fighters.You have a great team of doctors behind you.Just another detour to navigate.You have my prayers plus those of so many more who follow your posts.Beat the Beast.       Al

aldakota22
          Participant

Nancy,  wipe those tears from your eyes.You have been through much worse news and came out OK. Keep your PMA for Fridays procedure.Wayne and you are  fighters.You have a great team of doctors behind you.Just another detour to navigate.You have my prayers plus those of so many more who follow your posts.Beat the Beast.       Al

aldakota22
            Participant

Owl
              Participant

Dear Nancy,

thank you for sharing your thaughts with us. I believe that this is a devastating moment for you both and I admire your strength to already be back, ready for fighting. Go on and kill this beast!

My thaughts are with you both,

Jenny

Owl
                Participant

Dear Nancy,

thank you for sharing your thaughts with us. I believe that this is a devastating moment for you both and I admire your strength to already be back, ready for fighting. Go on and kill this beast!

Jenny

Owl
                  Participant

Dear Nancy,

Jenny

Tina D
                    Participant

Nancy,

I hate to hear this for you guys. Praying for you as he undergoes this gamma knife. It is ok to cry your eyes out, I would have, too… but I am sure by now you are back in the fight, and praying every day for the best outcome. Take this battle one day at a time, one step at a time.Praying with you!

Tina

Tina D
                      Participant

Nancy,

I hate to hear this for you guys. Praying for you as he undergoes this gamma knife. It is ok to cry your eyes out, I would have, too… but I am sure by now you are back in the fight, and praying every day for the best outcome. Take this battle one day at a time, one step at a time.Praying with you!

Tina

Tina D
                        Participant

Nancy,

Tina

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics