The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Brain Met 2 years later while on Immunotherapy.. future?

Forums General Melanoma Community Brain Met 2 years later while on Immunotherapy.. future?

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

Hello… I posted about gamma knife the other day.. but realized I am not really sure how concerned we should be rearding a brain met appearing.. 2 years post gamma knife and 2 years into Immunotherapy? My mom is not BRAF positive. Her initial brain mets were 3 and small. Now 2 years later as far as we know there is 1. Per my last post going to talk to Dr about not coming off immunotherapy as planned. But I am not sure at this stage of the game what  it means when Brain Met comes back.. what the overall trend is. is it possible they will come back more and the immunotherapy has lost its umph so to speak…?

To be honest the immunotherapy has become such a routine and Mom has been doing great overall with everything else calmed down. so its all felt pretty low key compared to others tough roads…I dont want to be naive though…she started at stage 1 and became stage 4 and we were not expecting that. I also understand that for other types of brain cancers this would be a very not good scenario.. but melaoma seems to be a little different..

Any input on mets recurrence while on immunotherapy or couple of years out appreciated. 

Thanks so much!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics