The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Brain cancer proressing

Forums General Melanoma Community Brain cancer proressing

Participant

I have not been on line for quit a while because of spending more time in the hospital. As you know I have been batting Melanoma for quit a while now. It has progress to the brain and dr. are afraid that it has move to the spinal fluid. If it is in the spin there is no cure and the only way to tell is if I let them do a spinal tap. I refused the spinal tap because the dr. are 99.9 percent sure that it has so that pretty well tells me that it is and I dont want poked and probed any more.

I have not been on line for quit a while because of spending more time in the hospital. As you know I have been batting Melanoma for quit a while now. It has progress to the brain and dr. are afraid that it has move to the spinal fluid. If it is in the spin there is no cure and the only way to tell is if I let them do a spinal tap. I refused the spinal tap because the dr. are 99.9 percent sure that it has so that pretty well tells me that it is and I dont want poked and probed any more. I want to enjoy what time I have left with my family and friends , so while I am still able that is what I am goin to do. But I will not give up the battle I am just resting for a while. The dr. told me this week that if it is the cancer in my spin I will know soon and will have around 3 to 12 months . So I am dong chemo and radiation this week to try and kill the 3 new tumors that I have and will have new scans  in a f ew months. But I feel better now then I have in a long time. I am still able to do things and able to get around.  I love and enjoy life but from here on out I am going to enjoy it along with my faimly. I want to say I wish you all the best in your fight and please dont ever give up the fight , maybe on day soon they will find a cure and then ther will be no more pain and suffering from this diese. God bless you and and remember he love us all

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

God bless you .May you enjoy your time with family on the long end of the time line.Will be in my prayers. you are one very brave warrior.   Al

aldakota22
          Participant

God bless you .May you enjoy your time with family on the long end of the time line.Will be in my prayers. you are one very brave warrior.   Al

aldakota22
            Participant

deardad
              Participant

I'm glad you are feeling better firstly, but I'm sorry to hear that things are progressing.

Enjoy your precious family time and I hope that you might be able to remain strong and courageous through this battle. My father is declining with brain mets and it's been a very stressful and sad time for our very close knit family. We are spending all the time we can with him and trying to remain upbeat and positive inspite of what's lays ahead.

You are in my prayers.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                Participant

I'm glad you are feeling better firstly, but I'm sorry to hear that things are progressing.

Enjoy your precious family time and I hope that you might be able to remain strong and courageous through this battle. My father is declining with brain mets and it's been a very stressful and sad time for our very close knit family. We are spending all the time we can with him and trying to remain upbeat and positive inspite of what's lays ahead.

You are in my prayers.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                  Participant

You are in my prayers.

Nahmi from Melbourne

SStamps
                    Participant
                      God bless you and your family. Did your Dr say you have leptomeningeal? My husband developed leptomeningeal when a spinal tumor was found. Dr. Papadopolous at MDAnderson is his doctor he does a treatment for leptomeningeal it is a treatment he will have to do for the rest of his life. He has a patient that has been doing this treatment for 17 years! There aren’t many doctors that do this treatment he is the only one at MDAnerson that does the treatment.
                      My husband started this treatment on 12-14-11 and his spine looks good on MRI. If you have any questions you can email me anytime.
                      We will be praying for you and your family
                      Samantha
                      SStamps
                      Participant
                        God bless you and your family. Did your Dr say you have leptomeningeal? My husband developed leptomeningeal when a spinal tumor was found. Dr. Papadopolous at MDAnderson is his doctor he does a treatment for leptomeningeal it is a treatment he will have to do for the rest of his life. He has a patient that has been doing this treatment for 17 years! There aren’t many doctors that do this treatment he is the only one at MDAnerson that does the treatment.
                        My husband started this treatment on 12-14-11 and his spine looks good on MRI. If you have any questions you can email me anytime.
                        Samantha
                        SStamps
                        Participant
                          Samantha
                          JC
                          Participant

I am sorry you are going through this.  I read your profile and see your initial diagnosis was Stage I, < 1mm.  This is the thing that really gets me always – people, doctors, etc. . . want to tell the Stage I patients you're "good to go" and you won't have to deal with this melanoma again after surgery.  Clearly, that is not the case.  So, the "watch" "wait" "do nothingness" that Stage I patients are told – seems just rolling the dice and hoping you get lucky.  Is that really where medicine is still at this point?

JC
                            Participant

I am sorry you are going through this.  I read your profile and see your initial diagnosis was Stage I, < 1mm.  This is the thing that really gets me always – people, doctors, etc. . . want to tell the Stage I patients you're "good to go" and you won't have to deal with this melanoma again after surgery.  Clearly, that is not the case.  So, the "watch" "wait" "do nothingness" that Stage I patients are told – seems just rolling the dice and hoping you get lucky.  Is that really where medicine is still at this point?

JC
                              Participant

CarolA
                                Participant

You are brave and loving.   Your message is inspirational on many levels.   I am angry for you of for your new diagnosis, but happy that your outlook has you at this place that you are sharing your message of living  life with us.   I will go foward today with a much more positive attitude and outlook to life, family and incidental issues that can be so magnified, so stupidly.

God bless you and yours.    I will think of you and send up a prayer.    As you know, we are all individuals in this battle.   I hope your individuality in your fight gives you a lot of good days, feeling good, and enjoying your family. 

CarolA 

CarolA
                                  Participant

You are brave and loving.   Your message is inspirational on many levels.   I am angry for you of for your new diagnosis, but happy that your outlook has you at this place that you are sharing your message of living  life with us.   I will go foward today with a much more positive attitude and outlook to life, family and incidental issues that can be so magnified, so stupidly.

God bless you and yours.    I will think of you and send up a prayer.    As you know, we are all individuals in this battle.   I hope your individuality in your fight gives you a lot of good days, feeling good, and enjoying your family. 

CarolA 

CarolA
                                    Participant

CarolA 

Ali
                                      Participant

Good luck to you!  God bless.

Ali
                                        Participant

Ali
                                          Participant

Fen
                                            Participant

God bless you, Elaine. I admire your courage and attitude.  Thank you for your thoughts – I know they'll help many of us get our priorities right.   Fen

Fen
                                              Participant

God bless you, Elaine. I admire your courage and attitude.  Thank you for your thoughts – I know they'll help many of us get our priorities right.   Fen

Fen
                                                Participant

KRob
                                                  Participant

May God continue to grant you the courage, strength, and wisdom that you so obviously possess.

Hold tight to your faith~ it will give you peace.

KRob
                                                    Participant

May God continue to grant you the courage, strength, and wisdom that you so obviously possess.

NYKaren
                                                        Participant

Thank you for taking the time to share with us…you are one strong lady.

You are in my prayers,

karen

NYKaren
                                                          Participant

You are in my prayers,

karen

NYKaren
                                                            Participant

You are in my prayers,

karen

KRob
                                                            Participant

s Mom
                                                              Participant

Sorry to hear of this – you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jeff's Mom

s Mom
                                                                Participant

Jeff's Mom

s Mom
                                                                  Participant

Jeff's Mom

acortes
                                                                    Participant

You are not alone! My sister is battling with the same and they are giving her weeks. Unfortunately her spine is swollen and the brain tumors have taken her ability to stand up. Do not give up! No matter what you are told, know that faith works wonders and that you are not alone. My prayers are with you and your family!

Ana

acortes
                                                                      Participant

You are not alone! My sister is battling with the same and they are giving her weeks. Unfortunately her spine is swollen and the brain tumors have taken her ability to stand up. Do not give up! No matter what you are told, know that faith works wonders and that you are not alone. My prayers are with you and your family!

Ana

acortes
                                                                        Participant

Ana

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics