The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

BRAF Mek Trial

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community BRAF Mek Trial

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

I have spent a significant amount of time reading as much as I can from everyone regarding the BRAF Mek trial.  Everyone has been so positive and their words have truly helped.  My mother in law has stage IV melanoma.  She has multiple tumors under the skin in her torso, legs, and two on her head.  Her scans also show a tumor in her right hip.  Her scan have indicated that the cancer has not spread to any vital organs.  She is tired and has a lot of right leg pain.  Tomorrow is a big day.  She will begin the BRAF Mek trial at the Beth Israel Hospital

I have spent a significant amount of time reading as much as I can from everyone regarding the BRAF Mek trial.  Everyone has been so positive and their words have truly helped.  My mother in law has stage IV melanoma.  She has multiple tumors under the skin in her torso, legs, and two on her head.  Her scans also show a tumor in her right hip.  Her scan have indicated that the cancer has not spread to any vital organs.  She is tired and has a lot of right leg pain.  Tomorrow is a big day.  She will begin the BRAF Mek trial at the Beth Israel Hospital in Boston.  We are hoping for the best.  I am her primary care giver and I have told her about this website but she is not ready to read it.  I just wanted to say thank you to all those who are sharing their experience.  It has helped me stay knowledgeable about what to expect. 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics