The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

BRAF/MEK Trial Scan Results – Disappointing

Forums General Melanoma Community BRAF/MEK Trial Scan Results – Disappointing

Participant

Just got my scan results from this past Friday, after being on the BRAF/MEK Roche trial (Zelboraf and a MEK inhibitor) for 12 weeks. The good news: The adrenal gland tumor shrank a bit more and the nodule in the lingular area of my lung is stable, both are basically non-reactive. The bad news, there is a new small lung nodule in my right upper lobe, just 8 mm.  Although non-reactive on the PET, apparantly mets this small frequently don't light up on the PET. Awaiting call form my doctor to discuss.

Just got my scan results from this past Friday, after being on the BRAF/MEK Roche trial (Zelboraf and a MEK inhibitor) for 12 weeks. The good news: The adrenal gland tumor shrank a bit more and the nodule in the lingular area of my lung is stable, both are basically non-reactive. The bad news, there is a new small lung nodule in my right upper lobe, just 8 mm.  Although non-reactive on the PET, apparantly mets this small frequently don't light up on the PET. Awaiting call form my doctor to discuss. I know that there are frequently non-specific lung nodules that turn out not to be mets, but I am bummed out!!!!!! Will post again when I know more.

Eileen L

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        natasha
        Participant

Hi Eileen !

May I ask you what Breslow did you have in your   diagnosys?

Eileen L
            Participant

My Stage I diagnosis was over 11 years ago. Breslow thickness was 0.53, so fairly shallow with no ulceration.

Eileen L

JC
              Participant

I'll bet they all said, "Don't worry, this is low risk."  I hear that all the time, but look at the reality of your case.  It's not "don't worry, this is thin, low risk."  It was something to worry about, it turned out not to be low risk even though it was thin.

natasha
                Participant

We can worry as much as we like ,but would it help all us with ''low risk'' tumors??

It would not help .There is no treatment to prevent spreading even in 10 years time..

So if we were diagnosed ,we can worry or not – it does not depend on us what will happen in future and it is nothing we can do about it now.

natasha
                  Participant

We can worry as much as we like ,but would it help all us with ''low risk'' tumors??

It would not help .There is no treatment to prevent spreading even in 10 years time..

So if we were diagnosed ,we can worry or not – it does not depend on us what will happen in future and it is nothing we can do about it now.

natasha
                    Participant

JC
                      Participant

I'll bet they all said, "Don't worry, this is low risk."  I hear that all the time, but look at the reality of your case.  It's not "don't worry, this is thin, low risk."  It was something to worry about, it turned out not to be low risk even though it was thin.

JC
                        Participant

Eileen L
                          Participant

My Stage I diagnosis was over 11 years ago. Breslow thickness was 0.53, so fairly shallow with no ulceration.

Eileen L

Eileen L
                            Participant

Eileen L

natasha
                            Participant

Hi Eileen !

natasha
                              Participant

Hi Eileen !

Viewing 2 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics