The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Boston Symposium

Forums General Melanoma Community Boston Symposium

Participant

Just to say that I attended the above last Friday and am so glad that I did.  I developed a huge respect for the doctors/researchers at Mass General..exciting news insofar as possibility of combining treatments such as B-RAF and ipi..coming up the pipeline.

Just to say that I attended the above last Friday and am so glad that I did.  I developed a huge respect for the doctors/researchers at Mass General..exciting news insofar as possibility of combining treatments such as B-RAF and ipi..coming up the pipeline. I also thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with some of my colleagues on the Bulletin Board…Tim/Shelby from MRF, Jerry from Cape Cod and Farm Girl.  Just wish it had been a two-day conference.  Keep on cycling Jerry..hope to get back to that myself next year…so good for the soul and health. I'm still chuckling about the comment from the 12-year old. Val xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Jerry from Cape Cod
        Participant

The symposium was good and it was great to meet both Val and Farm Girl.  I had to leave right after the last presentation so I couldn't remain and chat with the gang.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
          Participant

The symposium was good and it was great to meet both Val and Farm Girl.  I had to leave right after the last presentation so I couldn't remain and chat with the gang.

Jerry from Cape Cod

ChristineL
              Participant

I too found it extremely beneficial, and my parents learned a lot and now have a greater understanding about melanoma and the ongoing research.  FYI, I changed my ID to ChristineL from Farmgirl.  It was great to meet you all!!

Christine

Laurie from maine
                Participant

Hi,

I missed that symposium.  I did get a flyer from Melanoma Foundation new england saying there would be a symposium held at Dana Farber on Tues, Nov 16. 6:30-9.    Dr Hodi from Dana Farber, Dr Lawrence from Mass General would be speaking.  Those are the two doctors I originally talked to when diagnosed.  Dr Hodi is clinical director at Dana Farber and I believe deeply involved in current trials so I am hopeful he can explain what is currently happening in trials. Is anyone going to this one?

I HATE driving in Boston but am hopeful I can brave the city traffic to go to this one.

laurie from maine  3C

Gwen in Maine
                  Participant

I may go. Thanks for mentioning.

Gwen in Maine (Kennebunkport)

Gwen in Maine
                    Participant

I may go. Thanks for mentioning.

Gwen in Maine (Kennebunkport)

ChristineL
                      Participant

I hadn't heard about that one, and I'm being treated at DFCI!

Do you have any other info (agenda) or a website?

Thanks a ton!

ChristineL

ChristineL
                        Participant

I hadn't heard about that one, and I'm being treated at DFCI!

Do you have any other info (agenda) or a website?

Thanks a ton!

ChristineL

ValinMtl
                          Participant

Sounds interesting but that's the day I have my 4th ipi treatment, can't miss that.  These symposiums are very interesting.  Val

ValinMtl
                            Participant

Sounds interesting but that's the day I have my 4th ipi treatment, can't miss that.  These symposiums are very interesting.  Val

ChristineL
                              Participant

Too bad it's only 2 and a half hours.  It would take me 5 just to get there! 

Thanks for the info!

ChristineL

ChristineL
                                Participant

Too bad it's only 2 and a half hours.  It would take me 5 just to get there! 

Thanks for the info!

ChristineL

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                  Participant

Laurie,

There may be some folks coming from the North Shore that you could meet up with for the ride into the City.

Jerry from Cape Cod.

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                    Participant

Laurie,

There may be some folks coming from the North Shore that you could meet up with for the ride into the City.

Jerry from Cape Cod.

Laurie from maine
                                      Participant

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for the offer to possible car pool in.  I am a fearful Boston driver, but I think my husband is coming and he has no fear of Boston.  Thank you, I appreciate it.

laurie

Laurie from maine
                                        Participant

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for the offer to possible car pool in.  I am a fearful Boston driver, but I think my husband is coming and he has no fear of Boston.  Thank you, I appreciate it.

laurie

Laurie from maine
                                          Participant

Hi,

I missed that symposium.  I did get a flyer from Melanoma Foundation new england saying there would be a symposium held at Dana Farber on Tues, Nov 16. 6:30-9.    Dr Hodi from Dana Farber, Dr Lawrence from Mass General would be speaking.  Those are the two doctors I originally talked to when diagnosed.  Dr Hodi is clinical director at Dana Farber and I believe deeply involved in current trials so I am hopeful he can explain what is currently happening in trials. Is anyone going to this one?

I HATE driving in Boston but am hopeful I can brave the city traffic to go to this one.

laurie from maine  3C

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                            Participant

I've put the mfne symposium on the calendar.  They are very well attended.  MFNE does two evening symposiums a year.  This year it just happened to be scheduled the same month as the MRF.  Hopefully next year there can be some coordination.

The MFNE symposium is held in the large auditormium right on Jimmy Fund way parking is right across the street and like other events the parking will be free.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                              Participant

I've put the mfne symposium on the calendar.  They are very well attended.  MFNE does two evening symposiums a year.  This year it just happened to be scheduled the same month as the MRF.  Hopefully next year there can be some coordination.

The MFNE symposium is held in the large auditormium right on Jimmy Fund way parking is right across the street and like other events the parking will be free.

Jerry from Cape Cod

ChristineL
                                                Participant

I too found it extremely beneficial, and my parents learned a lot and now have a greater understanding about melanoma and the ongoing research.  FYI, I changed my ID to ChristineL from Farmgirl.  It was great to meet you all!!

Christine

Viewing 1 reply thread
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics