The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

BONE METS

Forums General Melanoma Community BONE METS

Participant

Hey guys my question for today is…. What is the best treatment for numerous bones mets? My husband has tried IL-2 and Braf combo, now he has had first dose of IPI (have to IPI in order to get PD-1 ). How does PD-1 seem to be working on bone mets. Does anything else out there look promicing?  Also since my husband has failed the braf combo drug, which just stopped bone mets growth for about five months does that mean those bone mets will start growing again??

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

Pretty much everything I have started in bone so about 2 dozen tumors at the moment.

Difficult to say for sure about growth. However my thinking is if the mel cells are there and your immune system isn't keeping them in check or even better making them shrink then most likely they will eventually start growing. So yes after the braf combo I would think they would start growing.

However ipi has been great for many people having long durable response. pd1 even better. zel, ipi and taf/mek all failed me with nothing ever shrinking.

Here's a link to my post after my first pd1 scan.

http://www.melanoma.org/find-support/patient-community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/merck-eap-pd1-pembro-first

I would suggest after ipi they usually do a scan 2 weeks after the 4th dose. If there is even the hint of a question whether ipi is working or not I would try to get them to start pd1 right away. But that's just my thoughts. Also for stubborn tumors keep in mind you can do radiation inbetween your pd1 doses (and ipi for that matter) that might help as well. You do not have to miss a dose because of it.

As far as what looks good after pd1 I'm not sure.

Artie

eturner
            Participant

Thanks Artie,

I'm really worried and just looking for plan A, B and C ๐Ÿ™‚

eturner
              Participant

Thanks Artie,

eturner
                Participant

Thanks Artie,

arthurjedi007
                Participant

Pretty much everything I have started in bone so about 2 dozen tumors at the moment.

Difficult to say for sure about growth. However my thinking is if the mel cells are there and your immune system isn't keeping them in check or even better making them shrink then most likely they will eventually start growing. So yes after the braf combo I would think they would start growing.

However ipi has been great for many people having long durable response. pd1 even better. zel, ipi and taf/mek all failed me with nothing ever shrinking.

http://www.melanoma.org/find-support/patient-community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/merck-eap-pd1-pembro-first

I would suggest after ipi they usually do a scan 2 weeks after the 4th dose. If there is even the hint of a question whether ipi is working or not I would try to get them to start pd1 right away. But that's just my thoughts. Also for stubborn tumors keep in mind you can do radiation inbetween your pd1 doses (and ipi for that matter) that might help as well. You do not have to miss a dose because of it.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                  Participant

Artie

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics