The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Blurry lung nodule?

Forums General Melanoma Community Blurry lung nodule?

Participant
      Hi, I was staged as T1a 0.6mm SSM 6 months ago, but because of a higher S100 last month they did a CT scan last week. It turned out that they have found a 7mm blurry lung nodule which could be malignin or benign. They dont know and will repeat CT in 8 weeks. Has somebody experienced something similar and am I now stage 4? I’m scared…

Thanks and cheers, Chris

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Julie in SoCal
        Participant

Hi Chris,

Sorry about this new news. But the good news is that lung nodules are very, very common and it's possible that this is just something they found in the process of scanning and not mel or anything more than "just funk" as my doc says.  

Keeping an eye on them is a good plan.  If they change or light up a pet scan then you can do something about them, but until then don't worry, (I know easier said…) and don't push yourself to stage 4 until you have to.

I know it's hard not to jump to thinking you're stage 4.  I have a personal policy of not calling it something until my doc has.  Now I'm very interactive with my doctor (and I love him dearly) but for me a lung nodule (and I have had many) is just a nodule until the doc says it's something else.  

Shalom,

Julie

chris0815
            Participant
              Dear Julie,
              thank you for the nice comment and for giving me some hope. Its really hard.
              Cheers and a Shalom for you, Chris
        Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics