The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Bloodwork results after nivo/ipi 2nd infusion

Forums General Melanoma Community Bloodwork results after nivo/ipi 2nd infusion

Participant
      Hello everyone,
      I am just about to get my third infusion and here are the blood test results. Could you please tell me what you think of these levels especially AST, ALT, and LDH/LD.
      I am not sure why LDH is not registered whereas LD is. I will ask the doctor soon.
      AST (GOT) 39
      ALT(GPT) 60
      LD(IFCC) 235
      Sincere thanks in advance
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          The basic answer is blood work has a range of values and if you fall within the normal range like AST and ALT then nothing to worry about. Now, each immune related side effect that can develop because of using the combination of ipi/nivo or Pd-1 drugs alone, the oncologist or nursing staff will look at table developed by drug companies or oncology community as to what grade of side effect the patient is experiencing and each side effect has different criteria. An example for colitis, it is based on how many times above normal you are going to bathroom each day and they use that information to grade how severe the diarrhea is and based on the established table they treat by holding back next treatment or maybe they have to add intervention of steroids. Here is a link that gives all the possible side effects and each one has a table with how to establish the appropriate grade of problem and then how to best manage the problem. Your blood work looks pretty normal to me but then again I am not a Dr. https://ascopubs.org/doi/10.1200/JCO.2017.77.6385
            Beany
            Participant
              Hello Ed,
              Thank you replying, and thanks for the link. Very useful.
              Sincere thanks,
        Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.