The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Blessed Indeed

Forums General Melanoma Community Blessed Indeed

Participant

I had my surgery Wed, My BF, Sister, and both sets of parents came to support me.  I didn't know if they would operate becasue I was having hypertension issues that could have stopped the process.  I waited one month to have the proceedure and now I have a 7inch scar, 3 inch scar below that and a very sore arm pit. 

I went in for the mapping and boy does that radiation medicine burn..lol  All I could say was "Dayum"…4 injections and the tech thought the needle was the worse part…HA

I woke up and was ready to go home.  The next couple of days were a little fuzzy, but I was verticle and moving as well as could be expected.  I was standing in line at the store Saturday and this man behind me asked me what happened.  I smiled and told him I was sky didving when I was clipped by a glider.  My mom giggled and he looked at me so strange.  They he said "noooo", I smiled and said "no"…I had cancer removed. 

It's funny how making someone else smile, made three other people smile.  My amazing physician and his team did a great job, He feels he got it all, but now I am waiting on the pathology report from my lymph.  No matter what we go through, we are never alone.  God is good.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        JoshF
        Participant

Kimba-

Praying for only best outcome. God is good and happy to see you're taking everything in stride. I can tell you it's not always easiest thing to do. Keep us posted!

Josh

JoshF
          Participant

Kimba-

Praying for only best outcome. God is good and happy to see you're taking everything in stride. I can tell you it's not always easiest thing to do. Keep us posted!

Josh

Kimba67
              Participant

Thanks Josh, and I will.  No matter the outcome of my Pathology report or my life for that matter, I will share my story and will be the best advocate I can be to bring awareness to this Cancer.  I realized after being diagnosed that so many people just don't understand the largest organ of the body makes this cancer so incredibly unpredictable for everyone.  No two cases are alike and from stage I to Stage V, it's a fight we will continue to fight for the rest of our lives here on earth. 

This site was such a wonderful place to just go read and the people here are the most loving people.  THanks for replying.

youngann
                Participant

Very good news!

youngann
                  Participant

Very good news!

youngann
                    Participant

Very good news!

Kimba67
                      Participant

Thanks Josh, and I will.  No matter the outcome of my Pathology report or my life for that matter, I will share my story and will be the best advocate I can be to bring awareness to this Cancer.  I realized after being diagnosed that so many people just don't understand the largest organ of the body makes this cancer so incredibly unpredictable for everyone.  No two cases are alike and from stage I to Stage V, it's a fight we will continue to fight for the rest of our lives here on earth. 

This site was such a wonderful place to just go read and the people here are the most loving people.  THanks for replying.

Kimba67
                        Participant

Kimba67
                          Participant

All Margins came back clear and lymph came back clear.  God is GOOD

JoshF
                            Participant

Great news!!! Remain diligent but enjoy life! Blessings to you and pray many more of us can feel that relief of having NED!!

Be Well!!!

Josh

JoshF
                              Participant

Great news!!! Remain diligent but enjoy life! Blessings to you and pray many more of us can feel that relief of having NED!!

Be Well!!!

Josh

JoshF
                                Participant

Be Well!!!

Josh

jennunicorn
                                  Participant

Wonderful news! Congrats!!

jennunicorn
                                    Participant

jennunicorn
                                      Participant

Kimba67
                                        Participant

Kimba67
                                          Participant

JoshF
                                          Participant

Kimba-

Josh

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics