The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Black Seed oil

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Black Seed oil

Participant

Efficient Skin Cancer Treatment (Melanoma) – Cancer is a result of DNA mutations multiplying too quickly for your immune system to catch up. Caused mainly by inflammation, the thymoquinone and thymohydroquinone properties in black seeds have been found to be effective in it’s treatment. Known mainly for it’s anti-inflammatory properties, black seed oil has been proven to prevent and treat many different cancers, including skin cancer. This is again due to the potent anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties it contains, the 2 main properties of black seeds.

The way they work is by targeting your white blood cells, thereby boosting your immune health and killing cancer cells.

https://www.diamondherbs.co/101-black-seed-oil-benefits-to-consider-while-undergoing-lifes-wear-tear/

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

When something is advertised to help with acne, wrinkles, fertility, flu, asthma, insomnia, blood pressure, etc… and then throws in a few different types of cancer to say it will "suppress cancer cell growth" as if all cancers were created equal. Then my BS meter goes off. It might help one stay healthy and have a stronger immune system… but it sure as hell won't stop cancer from progressing. 

jennunicorn
          Participant

When something is advertised to help with acne, wrinkles, fertility, flu, asthma, insomnia, blood pressure, etc… and then throws in a few different types of cancer to say it will "suppress cancer cell growth" as if all cancers were created equal. Then my BS meter goes off. It might help one stay healthy and have a stronger immune system… but it sure as hell won't stop cancer from progressing. 

Gene_S
              Participant

Have you ever tried anything that is not made by the drug company.  Carole just said about a week ago that she used mistletoe and it worked for her.

Different things work for different people even in the big Pharma world.  Or maybe using it with a drug might make it work better.

Janner
                Participant

Carole also did conventional therapy first and consulted a MD for her alternative care.  As for "what if it makes a drug work better"?  That begs the other questions – what if it makes a drug less effective?  How do you know either way without scientific data testing both?

Janner
                  Participant

Carole also did conventional therapy first and consulted a MD for her alternative care.  As for "what if it makes a drug work better"?  That begs the other questions – what if it makes a drug less effective?  How do you know either way without scientific data testing both?

Janner
                    Participant

jennunicorn
                      Participant

No data to prove any of the claims about this black seed oil means no one should go for it as a first line treatment. Conventional treatment should always come first, as it is proven and scientifically tested. I don't fall for the "big pharma wants to kill us all so screw them and only go natural" theory.. that's how people die.. by not accepting current scientifically proved life saving medicine first.

jennunicorn
                        Participant

No data to prove any of the claims about this black seed oil means no one should go for it as a first line treatment. Conventional treatment should always come first, as it is proven and scientifically tested. I don't fall for the "big pharma wants to kill us all so screw them and only go natural" theory.. that's how people die.. by not accepting current scientifically proved life saving medicine first.

jennunicorn
                          Participant

Gene_S
                            Participant

Have you ever tried anything that is not made by the drug company.  Carole just said about a week ago that she used mistletoe and it worked for her.

Different things work for different people even in the big Pharma world.  Or maybe using it with a drug might make it work better.

Gene_S
                              Participant

Ntom
                                Participant

Extracts of the blessed seed have patents for:

1) Inhibition of Cancer cell growth (US 5,653,981) and http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5653981.html
                                  2) Improvement of the Immune System during the chemotherapy treatment (US 5,482,711). http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5482711.html

jennunicorn
                                Participant

sweetaugust
                                  Participant

Hi Gene,

At the beginning of my stage 4 ride 4 years ago….I got on Keytruda and I also went in to see a Holistic doctor as well.  I wanted to cover both sides of the coin…Eastern and Western medicine…to give my body what I felt was the best shot at survival.  And one of the first things that my Holistic doctor told me to get on was Black Seed Oil.  So I've been taking it daily for 4 years now.  

I've changed a lot of things in my diet and lifestyle since my stage 4 diagnosis 4 years ago….so I have no idea what is working and what isn't.  I just know that I'm fine and living a normal healthy life.  So I feel it's best that I keep up doing all that I'm doing.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

All my best,  Laurie

sweetaugust
                                    Participant

Hi Gene,

At the beginning of my stage 4 ride 4 years ago….I got on Keytruda and I also went in to see a Holistic doctor as well.  I wanted to cover both sides of the coin…Eastern and Western medicine…to give my body what I felt was the best shot at survival.  And one of the first things that my Holistic doctor told me to get on was Black Seed Oil.  So I've been taking it daily for 4 years now.  

I've changed a lot of things in my diet and lifestyle since my stage 4 diagnosis 4 years ago….so I have no idea what is working and what isn't.  I just know that I'm fine and living a normal healthy life.  So I feel it's best that I keep up doing all that I'm doing.

All my best,  Laurie

sweetaugust
                                      Participant

Hi Gene,

All my best,  Laurie

Rgodsave
                                          Participant

Hi Laurie,

Hope you are well?what other supplements did you take? 

Can you advise on any foods while on immunotherapy to help with nauseousness?.

How long did it take for the immunotherapy to start working ?

thank you  

Jason7979
                                            Participant
                                              Hi Laurie, glad to hear your doing good from your last post. My brother was just diagnosed yesterday with Stage 4 Melanoma. He isn’t doing the best mentally right now, he thinks this is a definent death sentence. I’ve been researching trying to get his hopes back up and not give up.
                                              What black seed oil did you use or recommend? Any other suggestions to help him out?
                                              Thanks in advance,
                                              Jason George
                                        Viewing 5 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics