The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Black dots on mole

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Black dots on mole

Participant
      Hi everyone… sorry if this seems an odd post but I just need some advice as it is Christmas Eve and GPs will be shut for a few days, but i'm panicking. 

I am an 18 year old female, and I have a mole on my arm which I have had for as long as I can remember. It is slightly raised, but nothing unusual. However, the mole has now developed little black dots on it. The actual. mole has not changed colour, just been covered by these tiny black dots. There have been no other changes on it, but I am just a bit concerned and unsure of what to do from here (whether I need to be seriously worried). 

If anyone has any advice I would be very appreciative. 
      Thank you!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

None of us can tell you if it is serious.  But my motto is if something is changing, it is worth getting biopsied.  It doesn't mean it is melanoma (there are other things like atypical moles that aren't cancerous), but it means it is worth finding out what it is.  I wouldn't stress, I'd just get an appointment scheduled.

dessie
          Participant

I had a mole on my abdomen forever!!.. I kept having it checked out and was told it was nothing… I since noticed another "mole" growing on top of the original mole.. flat , dark, not huge… but started bleeding about a year after I noticed it.  Fast forward.. Dec 27 2017 I had it biopsied.. Jan 5, 2018 received a call from my dermatolgoist…  Jan 11 scheduled for WLE followed by right groin lymph removal….Today finishing up Opdivo (in March)   PET s been negative…  Take home… NO ONE knows until it is biopsied..  See your dermatologist and have it checked out as Janner says…

Good Luck 

abbiedwson
              Participant

I am the original poster- just to update, went to see Gp and was told it was totally benign so it’s all clear! Am having it removed though just incase. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics