The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Biopsy

Participant

Well-a-day

I have the repeat biopsy this friday on la kidley!  third time's a charm I was told.  First time, machine broken for contrast, second time the biopsy was not conclusive and still suspicious now again.  Maybe by the time they finish with me, they will have so many core samples the whole thing will be more holes than a swiss cheese.

Well, one never knows.

Well-a-day

I have the repeat biopsy this friday on la kidley!  third time's a charm I was told.  First time, machine broken for contrast, second time the biopsy was not conclusive and still suspicious now again.  Maybe by the time they finish with me, they will have so many core samples the whole thing will be more holes than a swiss cheese.

Well, one never knows.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant
          Oh Bonnie,
          I wish they would just make a diagnosis and get you better. How are you feeling physically? mentally?
          Stay strong and focus on getting better, the kitties need you.
          jag
          Participant
            Oh Bonnie,
            I wish they would just make a diagnosis and get you better. How are you feeling physically? mentally?
            jag
            Participant
              Oh Bonnie,
              yoop
              Participant

Morning Bonnie,

Jeez it's never ending is it?  I think the waiting is the worst. 

I've been thinking of you and hope everything turns out ok…

Nothing new here, I was told my baby toe would grow back but nuthin yet.  I scared a little girl at the pool who wanted to play with me and my dotter.  Once she saw my -toe she said 'I think I will go to the other end'… my lil girl and I kinda chuckled at that.  She now teases me by saying "Remember when you scared that girl with your sloth foot?"  crazy kid

Stay strong Bonnie,

yoop

BonnieLea
                  Participant

Yoop and Jag and everyone………Oh you two guys make me larf.   smiley

SLOTH FOOT  I think it is very very unique…and Its better than no foot at all!!!  I seriously doubt your baby toe will grow back, unless of course you down there, have special stem cells that can do it….. and I like the look of it.  (I mean it would be much weirder if it were a BIG TOE doncha think? 

As for me what transpired ….It is rather amazing.  Yesterday I had the "follow up appt" with the urologist.  Now keep in mind it was Nov 10th I had Number 2 attempt at biopsy.  So since I 'neaked around' and got the report from my own dear family doctor, on the 21 of November, and had a regular oncology appt for BC with a lovely lady at the same hospital as the biopsy was done, and of course WE ALL KNOW  stress and cancer do not go together….well onc hustled everyone, and amazingly I have a CT BX for this coming Friday (2nd of Dec)  Had I waited till yesterday I will bet a zillion bucks it would not be until January.

However,   Bob (DH) and I were in the 'boy parts room"  Guess his patient clientelle are more male than female, so DH and I studied boy parts and learned all about Prostate goodies, implants, and Vasectomies  whilst we waited. Doc came in (he is about 12 years old)  and began to read the report.  (FIRST time he has seen said report)  I said  oh yes,  I had an oncology appt the other day and Dr. F. told me about this.  (I brought her the report)  but I did not lie, I just did not tell everything.   I told him that She made a CT bx appt for me immed.  rushed me in fact.  and it is this Friday.   I added That I will know the results on the 13th as Dr. F. also made a follow up appt for said results.  (she knows how stress can murder our mental emotional and maybe physical selves) 

This doctor then says  (after we talked about surgery, and how if I need it, I need it done before end of December, so I will be 100% fine by our dotters wedding in March.  He splained about no O.R. time, yadda yadda yadda He also said he has half a day today…I said  Fine we will take it,  I will starve tonight….he said  NO that is not the way it is done.  But reminded me that the O.R. shuts off cept for emergenices for two weeks in December….I sarid I know that, hence because I will know the results on the 13th we can shoot for the 14th.  He talked of Christmas,  I said I have a super capable family and we are all organized.

Next thing, he said well I will see you after this next biopsy.  and he made the secretary book it for one week from tomorrow (office visit) so I see him on the 9th of December a full 4 days BEFORE my oncologist!! hows that for being a nice Bonnie Lea.

His secretaries were not pleased, as they must juggle things.  So I see him early in the morning on that day.  Dunno what happens next.  I just better be able to walk with DH and DD down the aisle for her wedding.

smiley

Did you know that this surgery is considered     ELECTIVE?  (ok its small)  but if it has anything whatsoever to do with a met of any thing,  I will be known as BAZZERKO BONNIE LEA

Yoop I think you need a cork for your toe.   John I think you need a HUGE hug from me….(and one for Merry) and of course the puppies.  In fact you guys are the best.

Thanks for the sloth laughs.  Don't they have a small outty toe?  I know  3 toed and 2 toed but I bet Yoop there is no moss growing on your fur.

Love Bonnie 

BonnieLea
                    Participant

SLOTH FOOT  I think it is very very unique…and Its better than no foot at all!!!  I seriously doubt your baby toe will grow back, unless of course you down there, have special stem cells that can do it….. and I like the look of it.  (I mean it would be much weirder if it were a BIG TOE doncha think? 

As for me what transpired ….It is rather amazing.  Yesterday I had the "follow up appt" with the urologist.  Now keep in mind it was Nov 10th I had Number 2 attempt at biopsy.  So since I 'neaked around' and got the report from my own dear family doctor, on the 21 of November, and had a regular oncology appt for BC with a lovely lady at the same hospital as the biopsy was done, and of course WE ALL KNOW  stress and cancer do not go together….well onc hustled everyone, and amazingly I have a CT BX for this coming Friday (2nd of Dec)  Had I waited till yesterday I will bet a zillion bucks it would not be until January.

However,   Bob (DH) and I were in the 'boy parts room"  Guess his patient clientelle are more male than female, so DH and I studied boy parts and learned all about Prostate goodies, implants, and Vasectomies  whilst we waited. Doc came in (he is about 12 years old)  and began to read the report.  (FIRST time he has seen said report)  I said  oh yes,  I had an oncology appt the other day and Dr. F. told me about this.  (I brought her the report)  but I did not lie, I just did not tell everything.   I told him that She made a CT bx appt for me immed.  rushed me in fact.  and it is this Friday.   I added That I will know the results on the 13th as Dr. F. also made a follow up appt for said results.  (she knows how stress can murder our mental emotional and maybe physical selves) 

This doctor then says  (after we talked about surgery, and how if I need it, I need it done before end of December, so I will be 100% fine by our dotters wedding in March.  He splained about no O.R. time, yadda yadda yadda He also said he has half a day today…I said  Fine we will take it,  I will starve tonight….he said  NO that is not the way it is done.  But reminded me that the O.R. shuts off cept for emergenices for two weeks in December….I sarid I know that, hence because I will know the results on the 13th we can shoot for the 14th.  He talked of Christmas,  I said I have a super capable family and we are all organized.

Next thing, he said well I will see you after this next biopsy.  and he made the secretary book it for one week from tomorrow (office visit) so I see him on the 9th of December a full 4 days BEFORE my oncologist!! hows that for being a nice Bonnie Lea.

His secretaries were not pleased, as they must juggle things.  So I see him early in the morning on that day.  Dunno what happens next.  I just better be able to walk with DH and DD down the aisle for her wedding.

smiley

Did you know that this surgery is considered     ELECTIVE?  (ok its small)  but if it has anything whatsoever to do with a met of any thing,  I will be known as BAZZERKO BONNIE LEA

Yoop I think you need a cork for your toe.   John I think you need a HUGE hug from me….(and one for Merry) and of course the puppies.  In fact you guys are the best.

Thanks for the sloth laughs.  Don't they have a small outty toe?  I know  3 toed and 2 toed but I bet Yoop there is no moss growing on your fur.

Love Bonnie 

BonnieLea
                      Participant

smiley

Love Bonnie 

yoop
                      Participant

Morning Bonnie,

Nothing new here, I was told my baby toe would grow back but nuthin yet.  I scared a little girl at the pool who wanted to play with me and my dotter.  Once she saw my -toe she said 'I think I will go to the other end'… my lil girl and I kinda chuckled at that.  She now teases me by saying "Remember when you scared that girl with your sloth foot?"  crazy kid

Stay strong Bonnie,

yoop

yoop
                        Participant

Morning Bonnie,

Stay strong Bonnie,

yoop

Nad T
                          Participant

Darling, please, hold on.

Nad T
                            Participant

Nad T
                              Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics