The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Big scare last week!

Forums General Melanoma Community Big scare last week!

Participant

We went for Doug's routine appointment with his oncologist for blood work & chest x-ray last Tuesday. A small spot showed up on his left lung, so he was scheduled for a PET scan on Thursday. We were very anxious as you all know. We were to go in Monday morning for the results. His wonderful Dr. called Friday afternoon with clear scan results. So thankful. Next month will be 2 years Ned. My heart breaks for so many on here. I also know that we have to share any good news to give hope to others.

We went for Doug's routine appointment with his oncologist for blood work & chest x-ray last Tuesday. A small spot showed up on his left lung, so he was scheduled for a PET scan on Thursday. We were very anxious as you all know. We were to go in Monday morning for the results. His wonderful Dr. called Friday afternoon with clear scan results. So thankful. Next month will be 2 years Ned. My heart breaks for so many on here. I also know that we have to share any good news to give hope to others. Still juicing in the morning & trying to avoid processed food & taking lots of supplements. Prayers going up for others facing this disease… Pepper.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mandi0280
        Participant

Congrats on your good news! My husband is 3b (also had 1 positive node)  and will have scans tomorrow. Very nervous but if these come back clear he will be 1 year NED ๐Ÿ™‚

Mandi0280
            Participant

oh and by the way would love to get some info on what kind of diet changes that you guys have made. What kinds of meals are you eating now? My husband hasn't really changed his diet at all but would love to get started eating better.  I've not seen any "for sure" evidence that this helps keeps melanoma away but I dont' feel like it would hurt things at all.

Doug-Pepper
              Participant

Hey, Mandi

We have changed many things, starting the day after Doug's diagnosis. Years ago, I had read a lot of more natural health books, so that is where I started. The two books that I have looked to the most are both written by Don Colbert : "The seven pillars of Health" & " The Bible Cure for Cancer"

I have worried for years about Doug's health & diet. I already had a vitamix, so Doug has a fruit & veggie juice every morning for breakfast. I pack him a cooler with alkaline water, fruit , & healthy snacks. He sometimes has some kind of sandwich out for lunch. Then I try my best for a healthy dinner. We eat out quite a bit. He has switched from fries to steamed broccoli with his burger. We have tried to cut out preservatives, high fructose corn syrup , food coloring, & hydrogenated oils & add more fruits & veggies. He is also taking several supplements: whole food multi vitamin, CO-Q 10, fish oil, turmeric, garlic, fruit festiv, & veggie festive.

We have caught lots of flack for these changes. Doug says he feels better than he has in years. Our daughter is almost 10 & she is being taught to eat healthier & drink water.

The alkaline water is also something a lot of people say is a scam. I have to disagree. We have had this machine a little over a year. We love it! The water tastes great. Way better than bottled or just filtered. Several of our friends have been drinking it too. One that has been drinking it has been able to cut his blood pressure medicine in half. The machine we have is a kangen by enagic. They are expensive, but well worth it. There are lots of others out there, too.

Sorry, that it took me so long to respond. I knew it would be long. All of these changes are suppose to boost your immune system. I hope & pray all is well for your family. Pepper.

Doug-Pepper
                Participant

Hey, Mandi

We have changed many things, starting the day after Doug's diagnosis. Years ago, I had read a lot of more natural health books, so that is where I started. The two books that I have looked to the most are both written by Don Colbert : "The seven pillars of Health" & " The Bible Cure for Cancer"

I have worried for years about Doug's health & diet. I already had a vitamix, so Doug has a fruit & veggie juice every morning for breakfast. I pack him a cooler with alkaline water, fruit , & healthy snacks. He sometimes has some kind of sandwich out for lunch. Then I try my best for a healthy dinner. We eat out quite a bit. He has switched from fries to steamed broccoli with his burger. We have tried to cut out preservatives, high fructose corn syrup , food coloring, & hydrogenated oils & add more fruits & veggies. He is also taking several supplements: whole food multi vitamin, CO-Q 10, fish oil, turmeric, garlic, fruit festiv, & veggie festive.

We have caught lots of flack for these changes. Doug says he feels better than he has in years. Our daughter is almost 10 & she is being taught to eat healthier & drink water.

The alkaline water is also something a lot of people say is a scam. I have to disagree. We have had this machine a little over a year. We love it! The water tastes great. Way better than bottled or just filtered. Several of our friends have been drinking it too. One that has been drinking it has been able to cut his blood pressure medicine in half. The machine we have is a kangen by enagic. They are expensive, but well worth it. There are lots of others out there, too.

Sorry, that it took me so long to respond. I knew it would be long. All of these changes are suppose to boost your immune system. I hope & pray all is well for your family. Pepper.

Doug-Pepper
                  Participant

Hey, Mandi

Mandi0280
                    Participant

oh and by the way would love to get some info on what kind of diet changes that you guys have made. What kinds of meals are you eating now? My husband hasn't really changed his diet at all but would love to get started eating better.  I've not seen any "for sure" evidence that this helps keeps melanoma away but I dont' feel like it would hurt things at all.

Mandi0280
                      Participant

Mandi0280
                      Participant

Congrats on your good news! My husband is 3b (also had 1 positive node)  and will have scans tomorrow. Very nervous but if these come back clear he will be 1 year NED ๐Ÿ™‚

Mandi0280
                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics