The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

benp how are you doing?

Forums General Melanoma Community benp how are you doing?

Participant

Ben just wondering how your scans went after GK.

Hoping all is good.

Nahmi from Melbourne

Ben just wondering how your scans went after GK.

Hoping all is good.

Nahmi from Melbourne

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        benp
        Participant

Hi Nahmi, 

Thanks for asking! Post Gamma Knife MRI was good – pretty much all 10 the same size (it does take several months for a reaction to become apparent). CT did however show 2 body mets – both 1cm – in a lung and above a kidney.  How did your dad go with the GK?

I've actually been really busy; for quite some time I've been planning to take part in a TIL ACT trial, and I am currently in the UK about to start the full process tomorrow. I had a subq tumour excised here around a month ago, and the TILs grew well, so I'm hoping that I do get a good response. Anyway, I start the chemo lymphodepletion tomorrow, so it's all happening now. I have been removed from the Dabrafenib brain met trial, so the UK will be my home for the next couple of months.

Really hope both you and your Dad are OK.

Ben.

deardad
            Participant

Hi Ben,

Great news…stable is good. 

Wow all the best in the UK with the TIL trial, that's a very promising treatment. Stay positive and keep in touch.

Dad is on steriods and has a new lease on life….sadly I know that is only temporary.

We head up to Sydney on Wednesday for an MRI Thurs, then we meet Dr Hong in the arvo and hopefully treatment Friday morning.

I'm not sure what happens next because we're not treating the mets in his body…….there's only chemo, which is next to useless. I think he's happy if the gamma can help to gain some stability again in his leg.

Take care Ben…

Nahmi.

deardad
              Participant

Hi Ben,

Wow all the best in the UK with the TIL trial, that's a very promising treatment. Stay positive and keep in touch.

Dad is on steriods and has a new lease on life….sadly I know that is only temporary.

We head up to Sydney on Wednesday for an MRI Thurs, then we meet Dr Hong in the arvo and hopefully treatment Friday morning.

I'm not sure what happens next because we're not treating the mets in his body…….there's only chemo, which is next to useless. I think he's happy if the gamma can help to gain some stability again in his leg.

Take care Ben…

Nahmi.

deardad
                Participant

Hi Ben,

Take care Ben…

Nahmi.

benp
                Participant

Hi Nahmi, 

Thanks for asking! Post Gamma Knife MRI was good – pretty much all 10 the same size (it does take several months for a reaction to become apparent). CT did however show 2 body mets – both 1cm – in a lung and above a kidney.  How did your dad go with the GK?

I've actually been really busy; for quite some time I've been planning to take part in a TIL ACT trial, and I am currently in the UK about to start the full process tomorrow. I had a subq tumour excised here around a month ago, and the TILs grew well, so I'm hoping that I do get a good response. Anyway, I start the chemo lymphodepletion tomorrow, so it's all happening now. I have been removed from the Dabrafenib brain met trial, so the UK will be my home for the next couple of months.

Ben.

benp
                  Participant

Hi Nahmi, 

Ben.

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics