The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Been ill

Forums General Melanoma Community Been ill

Participant

I ended up getting sick Wednesday night, throwing up and diarrah.  I assume a flu bug but I rescheduled my appt at Onc for Thrusday and was informed that my doctor only works clinic on Thrusdays now so I had to reschedule for another week.  I also rescheduled my appt with Melanoma clinic Friday just to be safe, although I was feeling better.  Anyway everything is postponed another week before I can ask questions or get any further info about my Pet results.  I do have an appt with dermatoligist Monday to have that thing on my neck biopsied.  He said it would be a pu

I ended up getting sick Wednesday night, throwing up and diarrah.  I assume a flu bug but I rescheduled my appt at Onc for Thrusday and was informed that my doctor only works clinic on Thrusdays now so I had to reschedule for another week.  I also rescheduled my appt with Melanoma clinic Friday just to be safe, although I was feeling better.  Anyway everything is postponed another week before I can ask questions or get any further info about my Pet results.  I do have an appt with dermatoligist Monday to have that thing on my neck biopsied.  He said it would be a punch biopsy.  What ever that means.  He also saw a suspecious mole on my right shoulder blade on my back that he also wants to remove and diopsy.  I had this appointment on Wednesday to at a new dermatoligist office.  Dr Miller and he was great.  I really liked him and he was very melanoma knowledgeable.  He said he found and sent 3 patients in the Lansing area to U of M for Melanoma last year.  He was very through.  I think it was one of the most through exams I have had since U of M.  Anyway very happy with him.  More moles to remove.  Yippy!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

I hope you feel better soon.   What a pain to wait longer with your questions!   Only works 1 day a week in the clinic!  You would think they could have fit you in since you are being careful not to infect others!

Don't stress yet about the other moles.  Those of us that have multiple primaries are only 8% of the population.  i don't know if it's true but somewhere I've been told that those of us with the multlipes do better. 

Take care,

Linda

NYKaren
            Participant

Feel better soon, Lauri.

I agree, waiting is the worst. I try to tell myself that worryng doesn't change the outcome, but it doesn't stop me in the least.

A punch biopsy is is where they punch a little hole on/into your skin and what comes out of that little hole is biopsied. It usually requires one stitch. Depending upon where it it located, it can hurt a bit…sometimes they numb the area before and you don't feel it.  In the scheme of things, no big deal.

take care,

karen

NYKaren
              Participant

Feel better soon, Lauri.

I agree, waiting is the worst. I try to tell myself that worryng doesn't change the outcome, but it doesn't stop me in the least.

A punch biopsy is is where they punch a little hole on/into your skin and what comes out of that little hole is biopsied. It usually requires one stitch. Depending upon where it it located, it can hurt a bit…sometimes they numb the area before and you don't feel it.  In the scheme of things, no big deal.

take care,

karen

NYKaren
                Participant

Feel better soon, Lauri.

take care,

karen

lhaley
                Participant

I hope you feel better soon.   What a pain to wait longer with your questions!   Only works 1 day a week in the clinic!  You would think they could have fit you in since you are being careful not to infect others!

Don't stress yet about the other moles.  Those of us that have multiple primaries are only 8% of the population.  i don't know if it's true but somewhere I've been told that those of us with the multlipes do better. 

Take care,

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

Take care,

Linda

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics