The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Be encouraged~keep the faith!

Forums General Melanoma Community Be encouraged~keep the faith!

Participant

Although it has been a while since I have been on here due to things taking a bad turn, I just wanted to post one last post in memory of my loving husband John.  John was carried by angels to his home in heaven Tues Jan.

Although it has been a while since I have been on here due to things taking a bad turn, I just wanted to post one last post in memory of my loving husband John.  John was carried by angels to his home in heaven Tues Jan. 11, 2011 at 11:15 p.m.  He struggled with this ugly disease almost 14 months.  We said in the beginning of treatments that we would pray about what direction to take and never look back and wish we had changed something or done differently because we KNOW  God led us the way He wanted us to go.  Our faith stood strong throughout as John never complained or shifted blame on the Lord as to "why" this was happening to him, his response when diagnosed was "why not me, I'm no different than anyone else"  That was the kind of man he was.  I, however did question from time to time.  He only took two different treatments.  The first was high dose IL-2 which didn't do anything for him and the Ipi compassionate trial which also did not do anything for him.  I hope by him participating in this clinical trial it helped in someway with getting it approved.  I know it can/will be a successful drug for others.  It just was not meant to be for John.  As far as the side effects he felt from ???? cancer/treatment throughout was severe total fatigue/exaustion.  Even though he had the cancer in his lungs, liver, throughout his bones he took ibuprofen up until about 2 months ago.  And uncontrollable pain for 1 day.  We truly feel blessed by this.  I pray daily for all those going through this unfortunate journey and will continue to remember you all.  It's a journey nobody should have to take but if you know the Lord as your personal savior you know you have a home waiting for you in heaven with a glorified body.  The physicians on earth may not have been able to heal John but the Great Physician in heaven has wiped out every cancer cell in his body and restored him to what he was meant to be.  Again my prayers are with you all, good luck with any treatment you take, keep your head up and be encouraged that all things are possible with God~~~ 

Linda/Kentucky

Please know my intent on this post was not to discourage anybody but to encourage them to never give up hope.  I didn't!!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Linda,

I am so sorry to hear that John has passed away. Thankfully as you said he was only in bad pain one day. This disease has taken too many. Keep your memories close to your heart.  John is now at peace.

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

Linda,

I am so sorry to hear that John has passed away. Thankfully as you said he was only in bad pain one day. This disease has taken too many. Keep your memories close to your heart.  John is now at peace.

Linda

JuleFL
            Participant
              Dear Linda,
              I read your post on the MIF board last night and was very saddened to hear about John. I was so hoping that his treatments would have a belated effect and that he would pull through this. You are in my prayers, as you and John have been for the last 8 months. You have my email so let me know if you would like to talk sometime. God hold you through this difficult time.
              Jule
              JuleFL
              Participant
                Dear Linda,
                I read your post on the MIF board last night and was very saddened to hear about John. I was so hoping that his treatments would have a belated effect and that he would pull through this. You are in my prayers, as you and John have been for the last 8 months. You have my email so let me know if you would like to talk sometime. God hold you through this difficult time.
                Jule
                triciad
                Participant

Linda,

I am truly sorry for your loss, and I admire your faith in God even after all that you have been through.  It reminds me of a wonderful book that I read several years ago, The Shack, by William Young.  I highly recommend this book, if you haven't read it already.   A tough read but well worth it.

May God give you comfort during this difficult time.  Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  The happy memories of your blessed days with John will last forever.  They are something the beast can never take away.

Tricia

triciad
                  Participant

Linda,

I am truly sorry for your loss, and I admire your faith in God even after all that you have been through.  It reminds me of a wonderful book that I read several years ago, The Shack, by William Young.  I highly recommend this book, if you haven't read it already.   A tough read but well worth it.

May God give you comfort during this difficult time.  Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  The happy memories of your blessed days with John will last forever.  They are something the beast can never take away.

Tricia

LynnLuc
                    Participant

LInda I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Thank you for posting . Stay strong.

LynnLuc
                      Participant

LInda I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Thank you for posting . Stay strong.

Sherron
                        Participant

Linda – I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how you feel.  I just lost my husband Jim, on Nov 30th.  It is a difficult journey that we have had to travel…..and it's still hard.  We can both know our husbands were warriors, heros and did the best they could do with the road they had to travel.  I wish you peace…

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
                          Participant

Linda – I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how you feel.  I just lost my husband Jim, on Nov 30th.  It is a difficult journey that we have had to travel…..and it's still hard.  We can both know our husbands were warriors, heros and did the best they could do with the road they had to travel.  I wish you peace…

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Lori C
                            Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  I also admire you for your faith and courage, both of you. 

Lori C
                              Participant

I am so sorry for your loss.  I also admire you for your faith and courage, both of you. 

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics