The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

bad news again

Forums General Melanoma Community bad news again

Participant

the good time with z is over for us. no new tumors but ones he hss is growing.  ldh up to 537. no trial till finish with gamma knife. anti pd trails starts in march. so n the mean time its temador or abraxane.

FInd out Monday.

just shocking since HE seems to be doing so good 

the good time with z is over for us. no new tumors but ones he hss is growing.  ldh up to 537. no trial till finish with gamma knife. anti pd trails starts in march. so n the mean time its temador or abraxane.

FInd out Monday.

just shocking since HE seems to be doing so good 

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        bikerwife
        Participant

Guess no one knows what to say. i dont either. But i do need some support.

bikerwife
          Participant

Phil S
              Participant
                Keep fighting! I know it’s hard and scary, but gamma knife and temodar can keep him holding for the next trial. We all understand your worry and fear but sometimes you have to fight melanoma one day at a time! Keep the faith and cherish each day he is feeling well! God Bless and Big Hugs, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                Phil S
                Participant
                  Keep fighting! I know it’s hard and scary, but gamma knife and temodar can keep him holding for the next trial. We all understand your worry and fear but sometimes you have to fight melanoma one day at a time! Keep the faith and cherish each day he is feeling well! God Bless and Big Hugs, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                  Phil S
                  Participant
                  bikerwife
                  Participant

Owl
                    Participant

You are right, difficult what to say, I know these shocks and I know how difficult it is to find back to hope. Anytime this happened I promised myself to be prepared for the next bad news, but it doesn't work. I believe it is because there is always hope and I always decided to stick to that.

So, stick to the hope!

Anti-PD1 trial in march does not seem to be too far away and temodar seems to help a lot of people with brain mets. I saw the responses to your last post, there are a lot of people who can really help here.

Is your husband still on Zelboraf? The doctors we talked to said that they would stay on Zelboraf though there is a resist. It seems that there is probably still a response and it can keep those tumors under control.

My thaughts are with you, keep fighting!

Jenny

Owl
                      Participant

You are right, difficult what to say, I know these shocks and I know how difficult it is to find back to hope. Anytime this happened I promised myself to be prepared for the next bad news, but it doesn't work. I believe it is because there is always hope and I always decided to stick to that.

So, stick to the hope!

Anti-PD1 trial in march does not seem to be too far away and temodar seems to help a lot of people with brain mets. I saw the responses to your last post, there are a lot of people who can really help here.

Is your husband still on Zelboraf? The doctors we talked to said that they would stay on Zelboraf though there is a resist. It seems that there is probably still a response and it can keep those tumors under control.

Jenny

Owl
                        Participant

So, stick to the hope!

Jenny

aldakota22
                          Participant

Devestating news for sure.From what i have read there are new trials out there for people who Z" has stopped working.Maybe someone here can point you to one.Keep fighting.Always in my prayers.Beat the Beast.    Al

aldakota22
                            Participant

Devestating news for sure.From what i have read there are new trials out there for people who Z" has stopped working.Maybe someone here can point you to one.Keep fighting.Always in my prayers.Beat the Beast.    Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

Fen
                                Participant

Fight like the Dickens and continue being the wonderful support you've been all along.  Difficult? Yes.  Impossible? No – you've been doing it magnificently so far.  So search for new clinical trials, get blisters surfing the net for info and be who you always have been.  And know that many of us are praying for you on this journey.

Fen
                                  Participant

Fight like the Dickens and continue being the wonderful support you've been all along.  Difficult? Yes.  Impossible? No – you've been doing it magnificently so far.  So search for new clinical trials, get blisters surfing the net for info and be who you always have been.  And know that many of us are praying for you on this journey.

Fen
                                    Participant

POW
                                      Participant

If I were you, I would try to get him on an intermittent dosing schedule with Zelboraf. Probably 3 weeks on and 2 weeks off. There are some very early indications that this schedule allows the Z to continue working longer than does continuous dosing. Of course, if he is lined up for an anti-PD1 trial, make sure that he stops the Z according to the trail protocol– some say must be 30 days without Z before the trial start date, some say 2 weeks, they are all different.

POW
                                        Participant

If I were you, I would try to get him on an intermittent dosing schedule with Zelboraf. Probably 3 weeks on and 2 weeks off. There are some very early indications that this schedule allows the Z to continue working longer than does continuous dosing. Of course, if he is lined up for an anti-PD1 trial, make sure that he stops the Z according to the trail protocol– some say must be 30 days without Z before the trial start date, some say 2 weeks, they are all different.

POW
                                          Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics