The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Back at it again….

Forums General Melanoma Community Back at it again….

Participant

I am stage IIIC diagnosed 6/09.  original site was a mole on my forehead right at my hairline.  SNB was positive, had a radical left side neck discectomy where they found one positive node.  I was accepted into the phase III ippy trial in 10/09.  Everything has progressed nicely until my appointment/treatment yesterday.  I had my usual 3 month scans and a spot has showed up in my left lung.  Retrospectively you could see something starting to grow in my scan 3 months ago.  It looks like I am going back under the knife here shortly.  I am meeting with

I am stage IIIC diagnosed 6/09.  original site was a mole on my forehead right at my hairline.  SNB was positive, had a radical left side neck discectomy where they found one positive node.  I was accepted into the phase III ippy trial in 10/09.  Everything has progressed nicely until my appointment/treatment yesterday.  I had my usual 3 month scans and a spot has showed up in my left lung.  Retrospectively you could see something starting to grow in my scan 3 months ago.  It looks like I am going back under the knife here shortly.  I am meeting with a cardiothoracic surgeon next week in Charlotte.  I think they can do a VATS procedure and get it.  Not sure yet what the medical side of this one will be… The surgery always seems to be the easier choice than the treatment.  Anyone had any experience with anything related?  How about a great thoracic surgeon?  I am anxious they may tell me i have to do intf this time.  If not, I would suspect they will dose out chemo or radiation.  jeezz.. its amazing what you can get used to. 

Brett

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Brett,

I just read your history and we have some things in common. I also go to Blumenthal with Amin and have also seen White. My last scan was also showing  a lung nodule that they could now see in my last scans. Actually they could go back several scans but it's growing each time. I go back in 5 weeks for another scan, right now it's too small to do anything.  I will really be interested in what you are offered and your meeting with the surgeon.

I saw you did not put an e-mail with your profile. Please e-mail me.  [email protected]

Wishing you the best,

Linda

Stage IV since 06

lhaley
          Participant

Brett,

I just read your history and we have some things in common. I also go to Blumenthal with Amin and have also seen White. My last scan was also showing  a lung nodule that they could now see in my last scans. Actually they could go back several scans but it's growing each time. I go back in 5 weeks for another scan, right now it's too small to do anything.  I will really be interested in what you are offered and your meeting with the surgeon.

I saw you did not put an e-mail with your profile. Please e-mail me.  [email protected]

Wishing you the best,

Linda

Stage IV since 06

LynnLuc
            Participant

Had radiation and temodar and later surgery and had a Thorocotomy and they used  a Storz video mediastinoscope at Mayo Clinic …roughest time I ever had. They also did a smallwedge resection…it's no small surgery for sure! I am stage 4 and NED though…so well worth it!

LynnLuc
              Participant

Had radiation and temodar and later surgery and had a Thorocotomy and they used  a Storz video mediastinoscope at Mayo Clinic …roughest time I ever had. They also did a smallwedge resection…it's no small surgery for sure! I am stage 4 and NED though…so well worth it!

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics