The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

ASCO and Ipi/Braf Combo Trial News

Forums General Melanoma Community ASCO and Ipi/Braf Combo Trial News

Participant

A few years ago, I never thought I would follow an oncology conference with excitement. But here I am and I am sure you have seen a lot of news on melanoma due to the upcoming ASCO conference this weekend since melanoma drugs are a top focus at the conference. The results of the Ipi trials are what I am waiting to hear about, but here is a good overview of the "Drugs to Watch at ASCO".    The last paragraph seems interesting – regarding the drug P28 for solid tumors:   http://seekingalpha.com/article/272953-drugs-to-watch-at-asco-2011

AND 

A few years ago, I never thought I would follow an oncology conference with excitement. But here I am and I am sure you have seen a lot of news on melanoma due to the upcoming ASCO conference this weekend since melanoma drugs are a top focus at the conference. The results of the Ipi trials are what I am waiting to hear about, but here is a good overview of the "Drugs to Watch at ASCO".    The last paragraph seems interesting – regarding the drug P28 for solid tumors:   http://seekingalpha.com/article/272953-drugs-to-watch-at-asco-2011

AND 

This press release came out today announcing a Roche/BMS combo trial for the BRAF inhibitor and Ipi.  Good news!

http://www.fiercebiotech.com/press-releases/roche-enters-collaboration-bristol-myers-squibb-study-combination-therapy-v 

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        deirgey
        Participant

Very interesting.  A brief recap of the melanoma info from the event would be very much appreciated if at all possible! 🙂 

Thanks,

Deidre Grief (Father Stage IV)

deirgey
          Participant

Very interesting.  A brief recap of the melanoma info from the event would be very much appreciated if at all possible! 🙂 

Thanks,

Deidre Grief (Father Stage IV)

slpinion
            Participant

Thank you for posting both links…….much appreciated.

Sharon in GA, stage III

EmilyandMike
                Participant

Forgot to mention that the MRF is also hosting the wrap up of the ASCO news on the 13th.  I am sure that will be a great webinar.   

I am praying for some great research results!

EmilyandMike
                  Participant

Forgot to mention that the MRF is also hosting the wrap up of the ASCO news on the 13th.  I am sure that will be a great webinar.   

I am praying for some great research results!

slpinion
                  Participant

Thank you for posting both links…….much appreciated.

Sharon in GA, stage III

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics