The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anyone has similar finding on ultrasound ?

Forums General Melanoma Community Anyone has similar finding on ultrasound ?

Participant
      I’m here again mostly bc of my uncontrolled anxiety.
      These are the findings of my ultrasound. I’m seeing my surgeon tomorrow. He’ll probably suggest biopsy. I was wondering if anyone had a similar US finding and what was the outcome. Thank you all .
      FINDINGS:
      Multiple small left axillary lymph nodes are identified the most prominent
      measuring 0.8 x 0.5 x 0.8 cm, 1.3 x 0.3 x 1.4 cm, and 0.8 x 0.6 x 0.9 cm. A
      0.8 x 0.6 x 0.7 cm left axillary lymph node demonstrates absence of a normal
      fatty hilum and mildly ill-defined borders..

IMPRESSION:

Atypical appearance of a subcentimeter left axillary lymph node measuring up
      to 8 mm in diameter. Further follow-up as clinically indicated.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        tedtell1
        Participant
          Suzanne;
          An ultrasound only reports that something does not look the way it is supposed to. It can’t really tell you what it is. I am sorry you are feeling really anxious and I understand. I have been there and still go there when I am getting my scans and biopsies. But as my pastor tells me, “It ain’t nothing until it is something”! I try to remember that credo and use it when I am starting to worry about a result. Hope your appointment with your surgeon goes well!
          Blessings,
          Ted
            Suzana65
            Participant
              Thank you Ted. You are so kind. God bless you.
        Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics