The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anyone had a vaccination scar react to treatment?

Forums General Melanoma Community Anyone had a vaccination scar react to treatment?

Participant

Not important, we're just curious. My sister's 50-year-old vaccination scar on her shoulder suddenly turned itchy, bumpy and developed a red ring around it. Her derm actually noticed and asked her about it, then he zapped it off.

Anyone else ever had any kind of immuno do that?

Thanks. Best to all!!

Barb

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        sister of patient
        Participant

Well, I guess that's a "no" then. Thanks anyway.

Barb

DZnDef
          Participant

I don't know if this is relevant or not but both my brother and I did not develop vaccination scars.  We got moles instead.  My vaccination mole which had done nothing since it first appeared, started acting up when I was taking ant-biotics (CIPRO).  It got so obnoxious looking, total strangers would stop me on the street and tell me to get it checked.  This was eleven years ago.  I do not have the path report as I was very uninformed at the time but I remember the dermatalogist saying it wasn't melanoma.  It was, however, raised(previously flat) and almost a dark shade of blue with a red ring around it.  I got a WLE at the derm' suggestion and that was it.  When I was finally diagnosed with metastatic melanoma in 2014, they said "unknown primary" so I've always wondered if the path report was wrong or if remnants of the mole were left behind and became melanoma later.  My brother's vaccine mole was determined to be his primary.

the connection between CIPRO and my mole changing was very obvious to me but I could find no information on the topic at the time and haven't looked since.

Cheers!

Maggie

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics