The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anyone getting Medicare on Ipi/Yervoy since FDA approval??

Forums Ocular Melanoma Community Anyone getting Medicare on Ipi/Yervoy since FDA approval??

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

I'm curious if anyone on Medicare has gotten Yervoy since FDA approval? I have found out that BMS does not have any assistance for those on Medicare. In calling Medicare, they cannot tell me if they can help. I was told they don't pre-approve, that my doctor's office can call an access number and talk to someone. I have a call into my doc's office and hope they will be able to find something out.

I'm curious if anyone on Medicare has gotten Yervoy since FDA approval? I have found out that BMS does not have any assistance for those on Medicare. In calling Medicare, they cannot tell me if they can help. I was told they don't pre-approve, that my doctor's office can call an access number and talk to someone. I have a call into my doc's office and hope they will be able to find something out.

I was on the compassionate Ipi trial, which I finished Dec. 29, 2010.I have ocular and cutaneous melanoma. My first scan after the course was not good, with new liver lesions and lymphadenopathy. It was decided to scan again in Feb. My Feb. scans showed one less liver lesion and some reduction in a couple others, still lymphadenopathy. It was felt I was having an inflammatory response and that I also was eligible for re-induction, should I need it. April 7th scans showed decrease in hepatic metastases(now down to 4), decrease in multiple mesenteric metastases and retroperitoneal adenopathy BUT increase in size & number of mediastinal nodes. They're not sure if this is progression OR  Ipi/Yervoy doing it's thing. I'm scheduled for another scan May 24th. I'm hopeful, as all the abdomen STUFF looks better BUT am being pro-active in looking into getting Yervoy if upcoming scans don't look so good!

Thanks,

Nan

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics