The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anybody still using Celebrex?

Forums General Melanoma Community Anybody still using Celebrex?

Participant

I remember when I was first diagnosed reading about stage IV People who used Celebrex to keep their disease stable.  I was wondering if they are still alive.  Especially since a lot of people on here have been having trouble with pain management lately.

I remember when I was first diagnosed reading about stage IV People who used Celebrex to keep their disease stable.  I was wondering if they are still alive.  Especially since a lot of people on here have been having trouble with pain management lately.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        NancyD
        Participant

Yes, I am stage 3B, NED 6 years.  I have taking 400 mg. Celebrex a day.  It helps with the arthritis and I think I'll never know what all has kept me NED, but…..

I also did one year of interferon.  I take turmeric, immune guard (green tea supplement), & Celebrex every day.

Nancy D

Vacaville, CA

jag
            Participant

do you remember any others, or are you the only one?

James from Sydney
              Participant

Hi John

i found some notes i made a while back. Search under BillG, Pat and Colby  i am sorry i could not find more detail but i know all 3 had been taking it for years. I am sure they still post from time to time.

cheers

James

James from Sydney
                Participant

Hi John

i found some notes i made a while back. Search under BillG, Pat and Colby  i am sorry i could not find more detail but i know all 3 had been taking it for years. I am sure they still post from time to time.

cheers

James

jag
                  Participant

do you remember any others, or are you the only one?

DebbieW
                    Participant

YES!   I still am and I am now NED for 9 years.  I did a year of Interferon too.

I hope that someday when someone mentions Celebrex they will say,"didn't they used to use that for osteoarrhritis?  lol

Best wishes with contiunued NED!

DebbieW

DebbieW
                      Participant

YES!   I still am and I am now NED for 9 years.  I did a year of Interferon too.

I hope that someday when someone mentions Celebrex they will say,"didn't they used to use that for osteoarrhritis?  lol

Best wishes with contiunued NED!

DebbieW

NancyD
                      Participant

Yes, I am stage 3B, NED 6 years.  I have taking 400 mg. Celebrex a day.  It helps with the arthritis and I think I'll never know what all has kept me NED, but…..

I also did one year of interferon.  I take turmeric, immune guard (green tea supplement), & Celebrex every day.

Nancy D

Vacaville, CA

elainejorden
                        Participant

I am a stage 1V and have taken celebrex  300 mgm /day for about the last 5 years.I have been NED since I completed the Dartmouth Protocol of chemo in 2007.I feel I'm getting 2jobs done as not only might it be effective in preventing further mel. reoccurances but is also helping my arthritis pain which seems to be escalating lately ,so just this week I have increased  my dosage to 400 mgm/ day.It has been 20 years since my first diagnosis.Elaine (Canada)

Sue33CT
                            Participant

I just started researching this after seeing it recommended on another Ocular Melanoma discussion list.  I'd love to hear feedback from others!

Sue from CT

Sue33CT
                              Participant

I just started researching this after seeing it recommended on another Ocular Melanoma discussion list.  I'd love to hear feedback from others!

Sue from CT

Sue33CT
                                Participant

Sue from CT

elainejorden
                                Participant

I am a stage 1V and have taken celebrex  300 mgm /day for about the last 5 years.I have been NED since I completed the Dartmouth Protocol of chemo in 2007.I feel I'm getting 2jobs done as not only might it be effective in preventing further mel. reoccurances but is also helping my arthritis pain which seems to be escalating lately ,so just this week I have increased  my dosage to 400 mgm/ day.It has been 20 years since my first diagnosis.Elaine (Canada)

Viewing 3 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics