The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anybody out there had lung mets to stomach?

Forums General Melanoma Community Anybody out there had lung mets to stomach?

Participant

Hi all, I have posted under different subject lines up to now but I do need to know if anybody can specifically comment on stomach mets. My Oncologist says this is the first case in her 30 years that she has come accross stomach mets. The tumor is quite large at +- 6 cm x 2 cm in the upper region of the stomach.

I have yet to see her to discuss treatment going forward. In the meantime I am having continious black stools and a fair amount of discomforting pain in the stomach region.

There is talk of total resection and reconstruction surgery – has anybody had this and is it effective?

What other treatment is available?

Any advice / input will really be appreciated.

Regards

Wally from South Africa

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

I've not heard of it. But my neighbor had part of his stomach removed for tumors and they replaced the entire lining of his stomach. That was several years ago and now he is doing great. His doc got that done really fast like within 2 weeks of diagnosis.

I had 2 former coworkers die rather quickly from tumors in the stomach. So I would think what your doc is saying might be the right thing to do very soon. But that's just my opinion from the 3 people I've known.

Artie

arthurjedi007
          Participant

I've not heard of it. But my neighbor had part of his stomach removed for tumors and they replaced the entire lining of his stomach. That was several years ago and now he is doing great. His doc got that done really fast like within 2 weeks of diagnosis.

I had 2 former coworkers die rather quickly from tumors in the stomach. So I would think what your doc is saying might be the right thing to do very soon. But that's just my opinion from the 3 people I've known.

Artie

WallyE
              Participant

Thank you very much Artie. I need to investigate the relining of the stomach wall – sounds like a good idea rather than removal of the stomach. Did your neighbour and co-workers have Melanoma mets?

I was diagnosed in June and there seems to be no apparant sence of urgency to deal with my condition – as if they do not consider it urgent?

Are you a victom of this disease as well?

Keep well and kind regards

Wally

arthurjedi007
                Participant

I have lots of melanoma yes. My neighbor did not. It was diagnosed as stomach cancer. My 2 former coworkers was also diagnosed as stomach cancer not melanoma.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                  Participant

I have lots of melanoma yes. My neighbor did not. It was diagnosed as stomach cancer. My 2 former coworkers was also diagnosed as stomach cancer not melanoma.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                    Participant

Artie

WallyE
                      Participant

Thank you very much Artie. I need to investigate the relining of the stomach wall – sounds like a good idea rather than removal of the stomach. Did your neighbour and co-workers have Melanoma mets?

I was diagnosed in June and there seems to be no apparant sence of urgency to deal with my condition – as if they do not consider it urgent?

Wally

WallyE
                        Participant

Wally

WallyE
                          Participant

Thank you very much Artie. I need to investigate the relining of the stomach wall – sounds like a good idea rather than removal of the stomach. Did your neighbor and co-workers have Melanoma Mets?

I was diagnosed in June and there seems to be no apparent sense of urgency to deal with my condition – as if they do not consider it urgent?

Are you a victim of this disease as well?

Wally

tschmith
                            Participant

I had some Melanoma mets in my stomach.  They responded to Keytruda.

Wishing you the best!

Terrie

tschmith
                              Participant

Wishing you the best!

Terrie

tschmith
                                Participant

Wishing you the best!

Terrie

WallyE
                                  Participant

Hi Terry. Thank you for your input. That is quite interesting – where did it Metastatise from? I take it then that your tumors were small?

My tumor is something like 6×2,5 cm and is located high up in the top end of my stomach. I am told that if it was in the lower half they would only have removed a section of the stomach. I assume then that Ketyruda would not be effective?

I am scheduled for the resection and reconstruction surgery on Monday so it is probably too late to look at other options.

I really wanted to know if other people have had similar occurrences as my Oncologist and surgeon indicate that in all their years of practicing, this is the very first case of stomach Melanoma Mets that they have ever encountered.

From the lack of responses to that effect on this forum, it appears that indeed not many cases are on record. Normal cancer yes, but Melanoma no.

Thanks again and kind regards

Wally

WallyE
                                    Participant

Hi Terry. Thank you for your input. That is quite interesting – where did it Metastatise from? I take it then that your tumors were small?

My tumor is something like 6×2,5 cm and is located high up in the top end of my stomach. I am told that if it was in the lower half they would only have removed a section of the stomach. I assume then that Ketyruda would not be effective?

I am scheduled for the resection and reconstruction surgery on Monday so it is probably too late to look at other options.

I really wanted to know if other people have had similar occurrences as my Oncologist and surgeon indicate that in all their years of practicing, this is the very first case of stomach Melanoma Mets that they have ever encountered.

From the lack of responses to that effect on this forum, it appears that indeed not many cases are on record. Normal cancer yes, but Melanoma no.

Wally

WallyE
                                      Participant

I saw my Oncologist this morning with the Pathology Report of the removed stomach.

The following was emphasized:

Tumor emboli are identified in angiolymphatic spaces. What is this?

A Gastrectomy has been submitted in which there are features of an invasive metastatic malignant melanoma.

Can someone out there please advise what the implications are and what treatment is best suited. She did mention a trial provided my BRAF mutation is possitive?

Regards

Wally

WallyE
                                        Participant

I saw my Oncologist this morning with the Pathology Report of the removed stomach.

A Gastrectomy has been submitted in which there are features of an invasive metastatic malignant melanoma.

Can someone out there please advise what the implications are and what treatment is best suited. She did mention a trial provided my BRAF mutation is possitive?

Regards

Wally

WallyE
                                          Participant

Regards

Wally

WallyE
                                            Participant

Wally

WallyE
                                              Participant

Thank you very much Artie. I need to investigate the relining of the stomach wall – sounds like a good idea rather than removal of the stomach. Did your neighbor and co-workers have Melanoma Mets?

I was diagnosed in June and there seems to be no apparent sense of urgency to deal with my condition – as if they do not consider it urgent?

Wally

WallyE
                                                Participant

Wally

arthurjedi007
                                                Participant

Artie

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics